sad

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 8. Dec 2011, 13:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
well for years have felt i suffered from sad at this time of the year just want to hibernate well saw doc monday and she told me i did and she would like me to go on anti depressents but did not want any more meds so we talked and she said two weeks in the sun or try a sad lamp well i would never have belived the change as quick as it has they do work and are worth there weight in gold val
val

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Vla what do they do then?. is it a UV biased light they kick off?. I find when the clocks change I get a bit low I wish they'd leave them alone as nature inteded why feck with them.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Some forum members may find this link useful:-

http://www.sad.org.uk/

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    That's great news Val, bet you're very relieved and well done for not taking dr advice and reaching for the tablets instead.

Janie
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Did you know that you can buy a SAD light VAT free if it is for your own personal use and used in a domestic setting? x:-)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    did not know that but was on offer anyway depresion is a strange beast did look at that site and ticked nearly all the boxs this time if year does not suit me especialy when you have not managed to get much sun in the summer. did not realise the craving for sweet things was part of it till read the site.
    it closer to sun lite than normal light but was shocked how quick it works val
    val