I'm full of pud!

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 17. Dec 2011, 19:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just been out for my third Christmas lunch so far this year, and I've still got two more to go. As I'm involved with several clubs/groups, they all have Christmas lunches, which are lovely but a bit disastrous for my figure. I know I could choose a healthy option, but I do like my food, and I can't resist Christmas pudding.
th_IrishChristmaspudding.jpg

At the rate I'm going, I will look like this by Christmas.
h040.gif

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Lots of Christmas dinners are my ultimate nightmare Once and one only,Christmas Day does me.I also feel that a lot of places just slap any old tat on your plate at this time Glad you are enjoying them though x:-) x:-) x:-)
  • joanlawson
    The ones I've had so far have been very good, but I know what you mean about some places. The test is whether they can cook sprouts without them being like hard bullets or overcooked and soggy. It's a fine art which many chefs have yet to master.
  • joanlawson
    delboy wrote:
    *Shudder*

What x:?: Is it the sprouts, the Christmas pud, or the thought of my figure x:?: x:shock: x:lol: x:lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    got works do on 16th will have dinner but will skip xmas pud as do not like brandy sauce have to have cream with mine
    val
  • joanlawson
    The lunch today was for EMASH (East Midlands Arthritis Self Help) and it was very enjoyable. Good food and good friends- you couldn't wish for a better combination. x:-D
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    oooh joan that sounds lovely
    all those christmas lunches
    You enjoy yourself x:-P

Love Juliepf
  • valval
    just had ham turkey and chips lovely
    val
  • joanlawson
    Just had Christmas lunch number 4 today, and very good it was too x:-D Tomorrow I'm going to a Christmas buffet, so that will be number 5.
    Daren't think of the number of calories involved x:roll:
  • joanlawson
    I'll end up looking like the Vicar of Dibley at the rate I'm going x:lol: x:lol:
  • valval
    joanlawson wrote:
    I'll end up looking like the Vicar of Dibley at the rate I'm going x:lol: x:lol:

no chance
    val
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    joanlawson wrote:

That Christmas Vicar of Dibley, was the funniest things I have seen.

I loathe Christmas pudding with a passion, it is like compressed black lumpy horrors. Sponge pudding, well, that is a different thing altogether, last time we went out to lunch I had had enough really with the main course, then saw sticky toffee pudding on the specials, well, it was enough to feed a starved Navvy, I thought my chair would give way.
    I digress
    The Christmas lunches sound good, with proper sprouts and crispy roast tatties, cooked in goose fat, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    It's my works Christmas meal tomorrow at a pub........... x:-D

Having Starter:smoked salmon cheesecake,Main:local game pie,Dessert:Irish chocolate torte............. x:-D

Don't have the traditional Christmas dinner when out (and had many in numerous places over the years!) because they never compare with that cooked by my OH............... x:-D x:-D
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    delboy wrote:
    I can never understand where they get perfectly round slices of Turkey, the birds are just not ball shaped are they? I suspect it's processed from the factory left overs. Add greasy roast spuds bullet like sprouts and carrots topped with a watery gravy and a bread sauce you can see through and you have the perfect mass Xmas meal produced for about thruppence and sold for £30+.

Mustn't forget the vinegar like wine, the long wait for the stodge called pudding and appalling service.

I'd rather have fish and chips.

We must have eaten at the same places................. x:-x x:!:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • joanlawson
    I went out for my 5th Christmas meal today, but had liver and onions with mashed potatoes and onion gravy. Yummy x:!: x:-D No pudding today as I was full up.

That's the last one now until the real one cooked by myself on Christmas Day.
  • valval
    had melon starter
    soup
    turkey and all the trimmings
    lemon cheese cake that was to die for ate to much but was lovely music was a little loud must be getting old lol val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Forgot I've got Christmas meal number 6 tomorrow, but it will be an alternative one because it's being cooked by someone who is a vegan. Should be interesting.