Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

time off sick

valvalvalval Posts: 15,897
ok i know this strange one but it years since i had any lenth of time off sick just the odd day.
if you are off work do you still self certificate for first week, then need note off doc after that ??? i do not know and if get bad at least will then know what a doing lol val
val

Comments

• elnafinnelnafinn Posts: 8,043
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Val

This link let's you know what to do:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Sicknessabsence/DG_185054

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • scozziescozzie Posts: 333
    Val, that's the way the company I work for operates - one week self-certificate then a doctor's line. And my bosses are sticklers for doing things right (when it suits them, not us).
    Scozzie
  • valvalvalval Posts: 15,897
    thanks knew you lot would know it always helps to be prepared just incase at least will know to book docs app if things bad thankyou again val
    val