RA & Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum

kittymedaughter
kittymedaughter Member Posts: 81
I have Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum on my shin, had it for approx 5 years, it is normally associated with Diabetes, but i do not have diabetes nor am on the border of it. I have since discovered that it can be associated with RA, Are you aware of this?

I possible going to need surgery on my knee and it is the same leg i have the Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum, i am worried not enough info is known and if the surgery will affect my blood vessels, making the Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorum worse.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Kitty,

Thanks for your post to Helplines. As we are not medically qualified, in the case of detailed medical enquiries we'd have to signpost you to someone medically qualified. So that would probably be your rheumatology team in this instance.

Perhaps posting on 'Living with arthritis' might be worthwhile just in case someone has a similar experience.

If I've missed the point or you'd like to ask a bit more about this, do please come back to us. An option is to ring us on the freephone, so we can clear up any misunderstanding quickly for you.

sorry not to have been more help, all the best

Guy
  • kittymedaughter
    kittymedaughter Member Posts: 81
    Sorry i think i was waffling...I was asking if you were aware if people with RA do get rashes or Necrobiosis Lipoidica on their skin

Thanks for reading my post

Kitty
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,463
    Hi Kitty,

Thank you for clearing that up. Unfortunately, as my colleague has mentioned as we are not medically qualified we cannot answer this question.

A medical professional, preferably a rheumatologist would be able to say whether there is a link between Necrobiosis Lipoidica and RA.

Best Wishes
    Adele