If you have a Kindle or E book reader.

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 17. Dec 2011, 08:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Books are fast going out of style, due to the new E readers, or Kindles.
Many will be having one for Xmas, If so, here's my book which is on sale
at Amazon Kindle.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It was on sale in the USA and was going to be on sale here too, until this credit crunch when publishers here pulled out of
printing new novels. Still it's selling quite well on Kindle now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=digital-text&field-keywords=Stop+the+plane&x=12&y=16

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ron..I downloaded kindle on my laptop for free....and I got your book, it is fantastic and I would highly recommend it...
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Options
    Thanks Babs, glad you're enjoying it. My publisher tells me books are quickly becoming a thing of the past now, only second hand book shops are selling.
    Waterstones are in a bad way economically, we have to look to the future now.
    My next novel will be strictly Kindle only, it's the future.
  • pettel
    pettel Bots Posts: 45
    Options
    i will take a look Ron. i have a kindle.

Your right books are dwindling, we have lost two book stores this year due to lack of sales and our local whsm*th are struggling. mind they said the decline started long before the kindle/e-books came along.

its a shame as there is much enjoyment to be had out of a good book (as well as the chill out time whilst reading)

even our libaries are getting smaller here and where my family lives.
  • rondetto
    Options
    So true Pettel, it's unfortunate i agree but we must go with the flow.
    Books will always be available of course, through second hand shops.
    But traditional book shops like Waterstones and WH Smith will soon start
    to chop their stores, and many change to E readers, even Asda are now
    selling their own E Reader.
    My novel sold quite well overseas last year, but along came this recession and with that book sales plunged, Kindles quickly took over.
    Luckily, I was approached early on and asked to take a contract with Amazon, I'm glad I did because it's now available in many different languages.
    Speilberg I'm available for talks.......Doh!!!.....I wish!!!!! :lol:
  • pettel
    Options
    ive bought a kindle for my daughter for christmas this year, she is a real book worm.

would recomend them to anyone.
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Yep you are probably right Ron.
    In the days when I could hold a book I loved reading , and the kindle very much requires the same effort... but am about to give it a try.
    Like the look and feel of the paper book (e book) will put it on my list! :)

as for ..'it will never catch on' well wont be long before penguins are extinct too at that rate. :) like videos ans vinyl records.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Cebeem
    I did try one in our local book shop...and it is very light so it might be just the thing for you...I do think that books will always have a place....but my nephew is at uni....and he has taken around 40 books with him on the kindle...can you imagine the room they would take up....now my OH would never give up his books... :smile:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I do buy a few books a year and always pass them on, those I have kept just sit there until I either reread them or send them to the charity shop. A book is not forever. The Kindle and its like are interesting but still quite expensive, I will look to download on to my laptop though, better to make more use of this than a whole new technology.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I have a kindle and love it, Ihave made a note of your book and will down load it shortly. x:-D
  • rondetto
    Options
    Thanks Julie, hope you like it. xx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hey up, Ron. I have to pay for it.
    I was hoping it was a free classic.
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Ron do you do lots of writing?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm hoping to receive a new version Kindle from Mr DD for Christmas as it is becoming more difficult to hold the heavier books in my life. If I do, Ron, I will download your book, I promise! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rondetto
    Options
    Thanks DD, I guess it will be a big seller this Christmas, the new Kindle I mean of course. x:-P
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    just downloaded your book ron
    looking forward to reading it. :grin:

juliepf x
  • rondetto
    Options
    Thanks, I hope you enjoy it.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I resisted getting an e-reader for a long time as I love the look and feel of a book - and I find getting rid of them almost impossible!

I was determined to keep loyal to the 'real book' until I realised that the only one suffering at the moment was me - I can hardly hold books some days, and the effort of doing so gives a lot of pain on other days.

I was given enough money for my birthday to invest in a Kindle - though I did look at all the others on the market.

I have only just taken delivery, and the charger blew up within 5 mins of first using it :shock: so I can't say what I think about the reading experience.

However, I have bought a very inexpensive case for it which enables me to view the screen without needing to hold it at all - and I ahve to say for that alone it is well worth having.

I'll not be deserting 'real' books, but I also won't be cutting my nose off to spite my face ..... or indeed fingers, wrists, elbows and shoulders :wink:

Wonky xx
  • pettel
    Options
    ive never had to pay more for an e-book that the real book, its usually a bit cheeper :|