Sex and shopping

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 17. Dec 2011, 05:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Apparently, men and shopping really are a toxic mix. x:shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7861156/Sex-and-shopping-how-retail-therapy-really-is-bad-for-mens-health-and-fertility.html

Researchers have found that a chemical compound found on some till receipts contains enough of the hazardous substance Bisphenol A (BPA) to suppress male hormones in the body, so too much retail therapy is bad for men and can affect potency and fertility.

I reckon that lots of men must have known that by instinct anyway, which is why so many of them hate shopping.

It's a recipe for divorce if I ever go shopping with my OH. He has an entirely different approach to me, and only likes to buy the things we've set out for, and then get home as quickly as possible. The concept of browsing around the shops is total anathema to him, and if I start to wander off looking around, it results in much long-suffering sighing, followed by a sudden realisation that he's got an urgent appointment elsewhere.
x:roll:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawson
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Just a thought, Rehab, have all the shop assistants in the lingerie shops you frequent burnt their bras x:?: If not, they can't be feminists x:lol: But maybe you're right about a feminist conspiracy; I hadn't thought of that. Clever, isn't it x:?: x:lol: You're safer on the internet anyway as there's no Bisphenol A that I know of.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Just a thought, Rehab, have all the shop assistants in the lingerie shops you frequent burnt their bras x:?: If not, they can't be feminists x:lol: But maybe you're right about a feminist conspiracy; I hadn't thought of that. Clever, isn't it x:?: x:lol: You're safer on the internet anyway as there's no Bisphenol A that I know of.

I do salivate a lot when I see guns on the internet......and gadgets.. any gadget.. with flashing lights.. lots of flashing lights and dangerous noises like klaxons and countdowns. It doesn't have to do anything else other than that

So macho x:!: x:lol: x:lol:

Shoes, expensive perfume, and chocolate has the same effect on me x:lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    It's because no matter how fat we get, the shoes always fit. x:-P
  • joanlawson
    Options
    The fat might be oozing over the top, but the foot is in the shoe x:lol:

At least we don't feel like freaks when we buy shoes, unlike sometimes when we try to buy clothes and can't find anything bigger than a size 10 x:roll:
  • pettel
    pettel Bots Posts: 45
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    So why do I see wimmin with more fat oozing over the top of their shoes than froth on a badly poured pint?

for the same reason we see so many men with huge bellys hanging over the top of there trousers. eww :|
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    pettel wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    So why do I see wimmin with more fat oozing over the top of their shoes than froth on a badly poured pint?

for the same reason we see so many men with huge bellys hanging over the top of there trousers. eww :|

That's because mens brains are so full of interesting stuff it overflows and pools around their waists.

sat here laughing out loud thanks del
    val
  • pettel
    Options
    :shock: :lol::lol: ok del if you say so , but you do realise that means we have more brains because the overflow dont just stop at our waists, we have so much brains we need the storage space in our legs also :grin:
    delboy wrote:
    pettel wrote:
    delboy wrote:

That's because mens brains are so full of interesting stuff it overflows and pools around their waists.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Shopping? Thats why pubs were invented!

I have no problem with shopping, I don't do it. If I get dragged kicking and screaming to the shops, I go to the pub, despite the high cost of beer, I spend less in the pub than I would have done in the shops (well, that sounds goods doesn't it!).

My OH and daughter can shop for England and still come out with that old chestnut, "wot this old thing, I brought it a long time ago", hahhahahhah!
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    Shopping? Thats why pubs were invented!

I have no problem with shopping, I don't do it. If I get dragged kicking and screaming to the shops, I go to the pub, despite the high cost of beer, I spend less in the pub than I would have done in the shops (well, that sounds goods doesn't it!).

My OH and daughter can shop for England and still come out with that old chestnut, "wot this old thing, I brought it a long time ago", hahhahahhah!

Well at least you aren't being exposed to Bisphenol A (BPA) in the pub, so it's probably the best place for you x:-P
  • joanlawson
    Options

I always thought that men kept their brains in an entirely different place x:lol: x:lol:
  • pettel
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    pettel wrote:
    :shock: :lol::lol: ok del if you say so , but you do realise that means we have more brains because the overflow dont just stop at our waists, we have so much brains we need the storage space in our legs also :grin:

The big difference is that our overflow is interesting whereas wimmins is just trivia.

:shock: :lol:1176206302.gif
    Trivia.....also known as general knowledge.......far wider and more intresting than the male overflow of knowledge, pubs beer pubs cars engines did i mention pubs :lol:
    joanlawson wrote:

I always thought that men kept their brains in an entirely different place x:lol: x:lol:

well we all know how men exagerate, big fish little fish syndrome :lol::lol:
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    pettel wrote:
    delboy wrote:

The belly is as a result of years of dedicated drinking,it's there so we can lean against the bar in comfort and leave both hands free........one to hold the pint and one to scratch with.............. x:!: Don't wimmen know nuffin.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • wannabewriter
    wannabewriter Member Posts: 114
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:

At least we don't feel like freaks when we buy shoes, unlike sometimes when we try to buy clothes and can't find anything bigger than a size 10 x:roll:

Um. I have size 10 feet. So shoe shopping still makes me feel freakish :( (doesn't stop me lusting after the latest platform heels though! - which i don't need either, being stupdily tall).

Perfume - fits everyone, every time :)
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    "Sex and shopping" mused I, "that might be interesting."
    So I dived in and it seems to be all about huge bellys and
    fat feet. Ah well. It will soon be Christmas.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    ichabod6 wrote:
    "Sex and shopping" mused I, "that might be interesting."
    So I dived in and it seems to be all about huge bellys and
    fat feet. Ah well. It will soon be Christmas.

Hi Ichabod

I can see that I'm going to have to put on my best teacher voice to lecture you about this thread x:shock:

If you read the thread from the beginning, you will see that it was actually about some scientific research which has serious implications for the health of men. I felt it was my duty to warn you before it's too late. But anyway, fat feet and huge bellies are serious issues to those who have the misfortune to own them.

At least I notice that the title captured your interest if nothing else x:lol:

I blame Rehab and Delboy for lowering the tone x:roll: x:lol: x:lol:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    OK Teacher.

Please tell me the place to shop for sex, and
    are there discounts for pensioners?
  • joanlawson
    Options
    ichabod6 wrote:
    OK Teacher.

Please tell me the place to shop for sex, and
    are there discounts for pensioners?

Rehab and Del seem suspiciously knowledgeable on this subject, but Germany's the place to go, according to this. ( See the Senior Discount section )

http://www.totallymoney.com/news/index.php/2009/07/germans-offer-sex-with-a-discount/

Now don't say that this thread isn't educational x:lol: x:lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Germans aged 66 or over with an afternoon to spare can get a whopping 50% off the normal cost of 50 Euro if they visit the brothel in the afternoon and bring proof of age.

Crikey I can remember when it only cost a bar of chocolate or a piece of parachute silk

x:lol: x:lol: x:lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My price is a pint, which I willingly buy for any bloke who's desperate enough. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben