prefabkid's 6 month ankle results!

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 15. Dec 2011, 10:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
First I really must thank all those on pocket duty,the hospital must have thought I'd got a harem with so many women....... x:-D x:shock:
The consultant agreed to do an xray (as I hoped) since pain had increased this last week or so,but now fortunately subsided.Xray results showed that everything was still ok!!!............ x:-D x:-D x:-D
Also the swelling would gradually decrease and ankle movement increase with time,but that I wouldn't really get the full benefit of the operation for about 12 months from surgery!........... x:roll:
Next appointment in 6 months time............. x:-P
Joan I did ask about osteoporosis,he did say that it can occur with prologed periods of inactivity (eg being in plaster),but is largely reversed as activity and muscle growth increases when out of plaster.
Thanks again to all
Ron
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    you are welcome we had a great party in your pocket.
    so glad it all went well val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh that is good news, I am pleased to read that prefabkid, I really am, and that was a very pleasant pub - can we go there again? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Brilliant News x:-P I am so pleased for you Ron

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    The pub peanuts and lemonade were top notch ; glad all went to plan . Jillyb
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Ron
    That is such good news..I know you were worried with the extra pain...doesn't it make a difference when they xray and tell you things are fine...I do hope the pain eases very soon.
    Now you can relax a little
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Dear Ron

Fantastic news and thanks for that extra info about osteoporosis and muscle tone :smile:

The hospital noticed us :shock:

l am so sorry..we were really trying to be quiet x:oops:

LOve

Toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Ron,
    I am glad you had the x-ray done as it will have eased your mind, 12 months does seem a long time but when you think about the time you were in plaster and getting the muscle strength back it does make sense I suppose.

Good news that the pain has eased off, it must have been a worry for you. Right back to the pub for a relaxing pint or three. x:-)
    I x
  • CALETA
    CALETA Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for replying to me on the other thread Ron. Having read your posts I now feel better equipped to tackle my doctor to ask about possible surgery. Thanks again.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    CALETA wrote:
    Thank you for replying to me on the other thread Ron. Having read your posts I now feel better equipped to tackle my doctor to ask about possible surgery. Thanks again.

Glad to be of help,you can always PM me if you wish.It will of course be essential to have an Xray to determine the degree of damage and the suitability for replacement or fusion if they decide to go down that route.
    Presumably you go to rheumatology clinic and have a rheumy nurse,they are more clued up than most GP's and can,amongst other things,refer you to an appropriate orthopaedic surgeon for assessment who will explain the options to you.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    so pleased things are going as planned it all takes time to settle down x
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Thank you Ron.
    and thank you for asking about ostoporosis i was told it is more common in women than men after middle age.
    i'm pleased everything went well for Ron.
    you worked hard at it and you did all the right things.
    take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx