What is GB?

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
edited 19. Dec 2011, 16:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
Reading the news, watching the media reports on Telly gives out a very mixed report of life here, we (GB) give off very muddled pictures regionally and nationally and the rest of the world to digest. Yes, I know the small part of GB that I live in and the areas around our friends and relations home and the way they live but overall a very confused country, one minute we have riots and the next its all 'Strictly' going well, one day we have frozen roads, potholes and strikes the next we have MP's arguing, Queenie riding round and saying, '"and what do you do?", then weather so bad we have deaths.

What is GB? It certainly isn't the country I grew up in or is it and I have changed? or is the media reporting differently?

Comments

• prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    The gutter press will be sending you a Xmas card for that endorsement

they are probably camped outside his house now in droves to make sure he gets it.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Just because one shark bites another doesn't make things better, it looks like the Guradian has falsified the story of the hacking of Millie dowlers phone this cause over 200 people to lose their jobs when Murdoch shut down the News of the World, the BBC is obsessed with a certain religious minority who like to explode on trains, well that and the death Stephen Lawerence 18 years ago, their other fixation is with general fiscal doom and gloom, all we get doom and more doom and little else.
    The BBC is so PC it makes my teeth ache, only last week they ran one front page story on "racism" simply due to the fact the chav involved was white, she was also drunk and simply shouted racist remarks on a train but a more severe case where 4 none white girls who actually beat up a young girl and her boy freind while shouting racial abuse got no air time at all yet both were on CCTV. and more worrying they actually got off by saying they aren't use to drinking due to their religeon and that was that!, what the!??. if this is the world you like to inhabit then be my guest.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    I'll tell you what GB is.
    In my opinion it is not just a country - it is a world of its own.
    You are not Europeans, guys, you are a different continent. Like Australia.

You don't like to push yourselves, this is what makes you old fashioned in a way.

But you are definitely not European.

The media is alright, you cant blame the media - it is one thing that i really approve of.

Can you be more specific who doesn't push themseleve's?, in what areas do we not and what makes us old fashioned?.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I reckon we are like all countries inasmuch as we have our very bad bits, our not so bad bits, plenty of average bits, some better than average bits and one or two outstanding. Countries are made up of humanity and humanity is surprisingly repetitive in its habits. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I reckon we are like all countries inasmuch as we have our very bad bits, our not so bad bits, plenty of average bits, some better than average bits and one or two outstanding. Countries are made up of humanity and humanity is surprisingly repetitive in its habits. DD

Good one DD!. Now Len also spot on but I didn't watch the abby thing, use to like Lark rise to candleford but last series was a bit limp, also the BBC does science and nature very very well, I wish they would dump news 24 and stick to what they do best rather than 24hr news as it's c**p, they try to drive opinions and agenders rather than simply reporting things.
  • CALETA
    CALETA Member Posts: 6
    Options
    The British Biased Corporation? Great at period dramas and state funerals, :lol: though they did make a lot of boo boo's with Downtown Abbey

Actually Downton Abbey is an ITV programme, boo boo`s and all.
  • mellman01
    Options
    This is exactly the kind of slimey liberal PC rot and guff the BBC loves to put out for the world to read, the bit about the 2nd world war is what gets my goat the most, they seem to hate all the being English or British is all about and love kicking us will espousing the virtues of all other cultures especially if there from the middle east and their religeon begins with an I.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15428024
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Surely the G in GB is meant as a name for our land and the 'Greater' British Isles and not the populace? We confuse the land and its people, the people may have been great once but like all great civilisations, it is changing and dying, albeit slowly. The land of Great(er) Britain will always be great.
  • mellman01
    Options
    I think it has to do with the fact that british society has been under very little influence from other cultures.

What fecking planet are you living on!!!??, Jesu Christ with the forced liberal ideals of multicultural Britain is the most ethniclally diverse country IN THE WORLD so feck knows where your living tody just drive into your local city and TAKE A WALK WITH YOUR EYES OPEN!, , seriously though are you for real or are you just taking the p**s for a laugh????., if your serious then I'd inmagine your probably living in Denmark the most ethnically pure country in the West, they over 90% ethnically pure, lucky sods oh how I envy them, they don't have all the negative things that also come with mass imigration, all they need to do is tune into British TV and watch crime watch and the news in general to see what having open borders also brings in with it.

Honestly your idea of what society is like worries me as it's as far from reality as anyone can get!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh right Len!, is that anywhere near la la land?, a place where all the lickle multicoloured pixies wear we hate English people T shirts and read the Guradian and believe the c**p that's printed in it??.
  • Airwave!
    Options
    Surely the larger broadsheets such as the Telegraph and especially the weekend papers provide better value if they are to be used for such lowly practices.

Altogether a better read and all recycled as bog paper and used in biodegradable form without any further energy input, well the effort of tearing a strip off...... No packaging involved either or extra transport costs.