The iPad generation

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 18. Dec 2011, 12:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
I saw something on TV which really brought it home to me how technology is changing the way children view the world. It was a film of a one-year- old child who kept tapping her fingers on the pictures in a magazine and looking puzzled as to why she couldn't make them move as on an iPad. At such a young age, she was already so used to using a touch screen that she thought all pictures would behave in the same way. Amazing- even babies are using the latest technology now!

It made me wonder where technology is leading, and what life will be like for that baby in the future. I imagine that more and more things will be controlled by computers, and she probably won't even have to tap on a picture in the future. I saw something recently about computers controlled by the power of thought alone. Perhaps babies will just have a microchip implanted in their brains at birth in about 20 years time. :shock:

What do you think :?:

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Good morning Luddites :lol:
    Did I mention I was getting an Ipad2 for Xmas, I know this because Dementia my beloved had an email confirmation of the purchase sent to my puter instead of her own laptop..oops, I haven't tol her :lol:

you are so bad better practice being suprised do not spoil it for her
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My 16 month old g/s got my mobile phone, took it off lock, found his dads number and rang it, I've been through all the possibilities, none fitted, not that he talks much yet........just listens and smiles.

The problem comes when he get on my laptop and keeps poking the screen as he does with an iPad, I get sticky fingers all over the screen!