Re:Warning signs

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 19. Dec 2011, 16:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
well I've heard it all now I must say, on the BBC news over the weekend it stated that due to the state/mess of PIGS economic situation coupled with the soon expected death of the EURO the British Government have draw up military evacuation plans to bring back ex pats in these 4 countries if and when they go down the tubes.
Is this an over reaction from the coalition here or is the situation really that bad that Spain and the other 3 are really facing a serious threat of economic colapse, I know Greece is definetly doomed as it's got a 30% interest rate on it's billion EURO laons and will never be able to pay even just the interest back let alone all the borrowed money but is there a chance it will get so dangerous that these people will need bringing home by navy frigate??.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i saw this and did wonder what we are going to do with them all they will not be able to sell there property so will have no funds to get a place of there own val
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    First all the expats would have to give up their properties, would you walk away and leave a place you might have invested a few hundred thousand in? The property will still be yours but what would happen to the banks, the loans, the infrastructure and with no money to service the country, panic and uncertainty everywhere. Could the authorities contain the situation?

Most of the citizens of the collapsing countries could, in theory, migrate to GB and presumably claim here, they are all EU members?

Just think of anything that could happen and it will!