Another one joining the club

jceeyore1975
jceeyore1975 Member Posts: 11
edited 25. Dec 2011, 16:49 in Say Hello Archive
Hi

Thought I would introduce myself. I'm JC - 36years old, Mum, wife, antenatal teacher and suffering of Psoriatic Arthritis (or PsA) as I think it is abbreviated to on here :)

I have had psoriasis since I was 15 but have been coming to terms with PsA for about 6 years or so now. I don't think I am too bad, but I think I have a distorted view of what is normal now (you mean most people use all their fingers and not just two on each hand!) but I get by and try to remain as optimisitc as possible.

Sometimes I wish I had someone 'real' I could talk to who could really empathise/sympathise/laugh and cry with me about how this disease is a pain in the bu** - but hopefully this forum will give me an outlet and some virtual buddies to do that with.

Looking forward to "getting to know" you.

JC

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello JC and welcome to the forum.

Ah that big arthritic question - what is normal? Is that for me, for you, for today, for non-arthritics? Maybe best not to dwell on it too much.

Mine's RA but there are a lot of PA sufferers on here and we're a friendly lot so please just get stuck in and post as and where you wish.

You are right. Arthritis is a pain in the butt and in lots of other places too but we do understand on here so do feel free to just tell it like it is whenever you want. You will make some very good, and understanding, cyber friends.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Hi JC,

Welcome to the forum. I have got RA not PsA but I'm sure plenty of others will pop up to say hello soon.

They are a supportive bunch on here and have got me through my first few months of being diagnosed.

Hope to see you posting soon. Take care
    Jan
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi not got a name for mine but tend to think it psa my mum has psoriasis(i know spelt wrong) and no one else in family any arther other than oa. it so hard to understand for us let alone someone who does not suffer from it, as it so changeable but have good moan scream what ever you need we are here and usually some one has an answer to most things val
    val
  • colleen690
    colleen690 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I'm 63 years old and todate have no aches or pains and then suddenly wow!! comes a chronic shoulder pain which leaves me in tears. As this is the 1st attack ever, it would be great to hear from anyone who has had anything similar and what can I expect from now on. Help! :shock:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Colleen690 and welcome to the forum. What a day to have to join us!

I'm a little bit puzzled by your post because you say you've had 'no aches or pains to date' until your shoulder suddenly started hurting badly today. I'm just wondering what makes you think that it's arthritis. Maybe you've just pulled a muscle or something?

If it is arthritis, I'm afraid we can't really say how it will or won't progress because we're all different and we don't even know what sort of arthritis you have or what meds you're on.

Maybe you could post again, telling us a little bit more. I suggest you put it on the Living With Arthritis forum as more people hang out there and, at this time of year, there aren't many about anyway. I hope to see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright