Peoples Voice or Healthcare Landscape - a word of warning

Options
annic4363
annic4363 Member Posts: 67
edited 23. Dec 2011, 06:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all - or Hi again to those who remember me!

I used to be quite a regular poster here but redundancy and then having to start my own business have limited my time.

I wanted to see if anyone else has been caught by what I think might be a scam - or at very least bad practice.

Around the middle of November I received an email from Patients Voice asking me to answer a survey about my RA. For doing this they offered me a fee of £30. It was never particularly clear to me who the survey was being carried out on behalf of but as the questions weren't particularly intrusive I didn't worry too much.

When I got a second email asking me to fill out the same survey again a few days later I started to smell a rat. So I emailed the company to point out that I had already filled it in and asked when I would receive my payment. I was told then

The payment will be sent by cheque in the enxt month or so

So when it hadn't arrived exactly one month later I chased it again and was told

We hope to get you checque out ion the next few weeks

However I will check with accounts if this can be done sooner

(Apart from the shocking typing/ spelling!) I decided this was too much. My suspicion is that they hope that by delaying the payment in this fashion that we will just forget it is owed to us!

NOT ME!! I have spent a week harassing them BLUE and I finally got a bank transfer made yesterday.

So I just wanted to see if anyone else has been caught this way? If so please do send me a direct message as I have contact details for their director who seems to be able to make things happen

Personally, I will think twice before I do this again

Chat soon

Annie x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Surely a bank transfer involves giving out your account number. Is this wise, with an organisation you don't trust?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • annic4363
    Options
    Thank you for your concern.

A bank account number is a lot more secure than a debit or credit card number as funds can't be accessed without being processed through security.

Thanks again

Annie
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Annie
    I've got patients voice and they occasionally send me surveys....the thing is I have never {as yet} qualified for them so it hasnt aplied....I have OA so they send me ones for RA etc etc
    Thanks for the warning ...I'll watch out......I wouldnt give up either :lol:
    I do goverment surveys and they pay out at £50.....when I came to £50 I requested it {cheque} and it didnt come....I wrote to them and they said I didnt have enough points to qualify.....I did have!!!!! I've asked for £50 before and got it......when I looked at my survey points/pounds I didnt have enough but that was only because I had redeemed £50 .....Anyway after a few emails I eventually got it so it does pay to keep on at them
    Love
    Hileena
  • annic4363
    Options
    Hi there

Thank you for the advice!

It's interesting isn't it? These surveys seem to be becoming more popular just now and I suppose that just gives the unscrupulous more opportunities to scam.

I would just like to think that everyone is on their guard.

Merry Christmas

Chat soon

Annie x
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I emailed them yesterday about the £30. They saidnthey would send it in the post. I thought, no, they won't. Well I got the cheque today!! It has restored my faith, although it is naughty that we should have to chase it in the first place.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Janie