What movement will I get back after fusion surgery?

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 21. Dec 2011, 14:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi.

I had a fusion surgery so I know I have lost the use of the side to side movement with my subtalar joint and another joint in the mid foot but it is right next to the ankle.

I took my cast off today (even tho I still have had no appointment since my operation in Sept. Rang again today) and the only movement I can do it move my ankle. I know that I have lost my subtalar joint movement but have I also lost the movement of the mid foot joints, you know when you point your foot, it actually move side wards as well, if I am making sense. I wondering if I will get that back?

Hope that makes sense.
Thank you.

Comments

• SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sailrib

The best advice I could give you is to go see your GP. They should be able to tell you how much you should be able to move your foot/ankle. Maybe they can get you an appt for a follow up. Either with your consultant or physio.

Love n hugs

SheilaD XX
  • cloud9
    cloud9 Member Posts: 385
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Did you have a triple fusion or just a subtalar? If you had a triple you will have lost side to side and pointy up and down to quite a degree. Physio will help though. I had a triple and will be having a subtalar fusion on my other foot in 2 - 3 months. Good luck x
    Sue (Cloud9)