MTX Update!!!

Options
sciqueen
sciqueen Member Posts: 21
edited 23. Dec 2011, 09:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Sorry I haven't been blogging, been quite poorly with that cold virus that's been going around. I have just cleared it this wk after having it for 11/12 days.

Saw the rheumy today, and I have been put onto injectable mtx to start in the new year after I attend the training sessions. Hopefully this will stop the awful sickness/diarrhoea side affects I have been sufferring.

In the meantime I am to continue with 15mg mtx tabs, increase folic acid to 3x5mg (hopefully that will decrease sickness/diarrhoea), over the christmas period and continue with 10mg of steroids, until I start injecting (20mg mtx), whereby I must step down steroids 1mg each wk.

Disappointed that I will have to reduce and eventually stop my little miracles (steroids), anxious about starting the injections, but looking forward to no more dreaded sickness for 3-4 days after taking the tabs.

My das score has dropped from 6.3 to 3.63 in 8wks, but rheumy did not know how much the steroids are masking, as I still have tenderness and heat in hands/wrists.

Would like to this opportunity to wish everyone a happy chrimbo and new year!

Cheers Sci xx x:lol:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope the injected meth does the trick, SciQueen, and the pred drop is as easy as possible. Happy Christmas to you too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright