When will I ever learn?

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 24. Dec 2011, 06:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
OK, have a laugh on me.

I saw the doc today about my stomach/oesophagus & managed to get her to not do another endoscopy just yet but to first try changing my lansoprazole to omeprazole because you can take 40mgs of them and only 30 of lansoprazole. So far, so good.

Thing is, you get so's docs are routine. Routinely, I never fasten the trouser button above the zip because it's so fiddly, they stay up perfectly well without it and my blouse covers it anyway. Routinely, I haven't worn a bra for over 40 years (I always hated being trussed up like the Sunday roast) and, though I thought about it briefly after my mastectomy, I just couldn't be ar$ed.

So I'm sitting there and she only decides to examine me. Docs don't do the hands on stuff these days, do they? Then I realised as I lay down on the couch (I got up there with her help after a few wobbles on the step) that the top of my trousers was flapping as usual. Should have remembered to fasten it before coming out. Then as she pushed my blouse up and her hands went right up to my breastbone I thought "Oh ----!" At that point she came back down again, definitely to my relief and probably to hers too.

Will it change me? Probably not. Will I buy a bra? Definitely not. Will I remember to fasten my trousers next time. Yup, I think so.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh tilly :oops: have got jeans with elastic waste they slip up and down easy no undoing buttons as for bra feel so much more comphy with one but do not do under wire can not stand them stick to cotton poor doc you could have warned him/her lol
    val
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    oh Sticky you trendsetter at least the trousers don't fall down at inappropriate times , hope her hands were warm :lol:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Oh Sticky.....Yes it made me laugh but I don't wear a bra unless I'm going out....can't stand it on because of fractured vertabrae.
    As for trousers half elasticated....would never have done either this time last year.
    I'd be so surprised if my doc put a finger on me...thought it was just mine.
    She seems to be able to tell you what the problem is by just looking at your face!!!!
    Have a lovely Christmas and I hope 2012 is a better year. May
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Thanks, May, and you too.

Elasticated waist trousers? Oh no. Not with my hands. 10 minutes and profuse sweating to pull them up: 5 minutes later they've dropped round my knees.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Stocky
    Oooppppsss :lol: typo again :lol: Seriously it was...just didnt change it :lol:
    Anyway just to say like a lot of other I wear elasticated jeans.....pretend jeans I call them...dont have pockets but they are excellent for examinations etc
    Love
    Hileena
  • sciqueen
    sciqueen Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi

I loved the story - it was amusing. It brought a smile to my face thank you.

I thought I was the only women who hated wearing bra's? I only wear them for work and when I go out (ff cup), I've tried vest top and other support garments, but nothing really works and yes, I agree, bra are so uncomfortable. Oh well the search goes on, its like the ever elusive search for a good foundation!

Hopefully you will get a pair of elasticated waist band trousers, its what all my trousers are, cant be doing with buttons as I have ra as a christmas present.

Merry christmas & a happy new year

Sci xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sticky,

oh am glad its not just me :lol:

cus the lumber swells and hurts so much by the end of the day I often have the jeans undone.... recently the police came ( haven't done anything but they wanted to see if i was a witness)

after the left i kept thinking in addition to being in a huge oversized padded shirt, covered in mud and looking half crazed cus pain does make you look so worn out :roll: ..... were my jeans done up.... :lol: guess i will never know :wink:

you know i have the nexium (emeprozole 40 2x a day) its a good drug Sticky it really is..... when its bad i go up to 80 2x day and that shuts it up! nothing else will.....

a good friend of mind also has the stomach trouble and we were joking no matter what we eat we follow it with gaviscon.... everything tastes the same :lol:

i hope you have a quiet gastric r=toubkle the next few days and he is getting ito his bare costume (in a half eaten Santa hat :lol: ) and got your special hugs. Cris xx