Been a while

Options
angie1973
angie1973 Member Posts: 248
edited 23. Dec 2011, 14:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

It's been a while since I was able to get on. Work had been busier than ever for me. I had a big work load on and was on a course so was studying as well. Not long finished my exams so will have to wait on the results, but it's kept me away from most things lately.

I've had to stop my evening walks as well. My knees are moaning in the colder weather and to be perfectly honest, I am a little bit frightened being out on my own in the dark. I don't get time in the day when I'm working, and I can't afford to do the swimming thing all the time, so walking was good for me, but the nights are too dark. There are some strange people about too!

I am looking at trying to get an exercise bike or something I can do at home. I'd lost half a stone and was doing well, and it's all gone back on again with study and work, and wonky knees!

Anyway, I wanted to also wish you a good Christmas whilst I had a chance too. So far, this winter period has been OK. Not as many niggles and problems so far. I hope it stays that way so the worst I can expect is not walking too well.

Hope everyone is feeling OK.

Take care
Angie..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..

Comments

• kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Angie,
    I can see your point about dark nights...horrible aren't they.
    I struggle along because I have a dog...no protection as she is a little white bundle of fluff...a Bichon Frise...but I live in a village...very quiet although I still don't like going out.Roll on light nights.
    Any form of exercise at home is good.Even walking up and down stairs.
    You'll lose that weight again....just wrong time of year.
    The very best of luck to you and I wish you all the best for 2012.
    May
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Angie
    Hope everything works out ok for you in 2012 and you get the dream exam results.
    The days will soon get longer and you will soon get back to your walks.
    Ron x
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI, I live in a very quiet village too, with very little in the way of pavements with no lights and very narrow lanes. Its lovely but, very hard to go out in this weather and dull days that seem dark all day. I don't have a dog either!!!

I have an exercise bike but it makes my knees bad if I use it for more than a few minutes. I do feel I should do more exercise, but not sure what. Warmer days and lighter nights, bring them on! Love Sue xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I live in a smallish village and dont like these dark nights at all.....and I'm another one with no dog.....a cat that sometimes thinks she is :lol:
    Follows me around when I'm delivering Avon books close to home :lol:
    Roll on Spring.....aprat from anything else i think they are so depressing

Love
    Hileena