Invisible Rash?

Options
zechariah
zechariah Member Posts: 222
edited 23. Dec 2011, 14:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know that sounds mad but that is what it feels like!

Yesterday it felt as if I had a rash/graze at the back of my knee and just above, at bedtime I asked my wife what it was and she said there is nothing there, it is still painful this morning and still no sign of anything!

Has anyone had this or do you know what it is?

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Zec

Does this "invisible rash" itch? Is that what brought your attention to it?
    If so could be "irritable" nerve endings and massaging with some cream may help to soothe them. Just a thought. x:lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • zechariah
    Options
    It is itchy but its also very sore, like a mild graze or razor rash!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    My thumbs are itchy and feel sore at times although there is nothing to see - it is difficult for me to describe the sensations I am having but the consultant yesterday told me it was more than likely the damaged/irritable nerve endings and to massage with cream which is what I had been doing anyway. I had sensations in my hands before a recent back op so to me his explanation made sense but as for you and your invisible rash, I am afraid I have no more ideas.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elna how interesting, my neighbour is Indian and she comes in to massage my back and my hand....she said that in India it is widely used,especially on stroke victims that lose the use of there hands , they massage every day, and she says the results are really good.
    She uses different oils but one of them is sesame...so I do smell funny
    So Zac what Elna says make a lot of sense....hope it improves very soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Back and midriff . Itches so much it hurts but no rash , no redness , nothing ! Rheumy told me that sore itching is common in RA and is also a symptom from many blood pressure tablets ( which I also take ) . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My mum has itchy legs which is probably due to her BP tablets. I think itching is a common side-effect of some meds and can be present without a rash. Annoying, isn't it? I hope you can find something to ease it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • zechariah
    Options
    Its strange, I don't have RA, I have OA, although I have a rheumy app in feb as my hands are getting very stiff now.
    I also don't take BP tablets.

Oh well its just another symptom to add to the list :lol: