Julie says Merry Christmas and thank you

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 25. Dec 2011, 16:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
The nurse has been today and taken Julie's 8 staples out. She is feeling a bit better but sleeping is still not easy so it's hard for her to concentrate on anything and typing is difficult.

However, she would like to thank everyone who has posted their good wishes, especially Elna, she wishes you all a Happy Christmas and she will be back soon.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aww thanks SW...send her some hugs from me...and wish her and her family a very lovely Christmas...and a much better 2012 xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Cor! I'm glad the staples have gone, that always felt like a major step forward in the healing process to me and I hope it does for her too. Thanks, sticky, for being the pigeon and I hope Julie has a good Christmas too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Julie

So pleased you have had those horrible staples out. Luckily I escaped that torture :mrgreen: as my stitches were dissolveable. I am now beginning to wonder if your wound/scar is much longer than mine. I just measured mine and it is 2 inches long.

It will get better my lovely, I can promise you that. You will have to be a lady of leisure this christmas and if you really do feel like retiring away for a little while, you must be brave and say. In the end it is your health that is of paramount importance in all this and sitting there trying to be jolly and bright and breezy if you are feeling like a zombie will do you no good in the long run on the road to recovery. It is easy for me to say as I am one of the world's worst but sometimes we do have to be looking after No. 1 and this is certainly that time for you.

At least it is done and you will be with loved ones. no doubt you are being spoilt and that is only right.

Keep safe and have a peaceful time. x:-D This will be a christmas that you will always remember. x;)

Loads of love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Julie and Happy Christmas Eve to you. I hope the improvement continues and you can really enjoy Christmas - but only as a lady of leisure. x:lol: x:lol: x:lol:
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Morning Julie
    I hope today is better than yesterday....you have a lovely Christmas with your family...make the most of the pampering wont you.. x:-D x:-D
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    thanks Sticky xx

Hi Julie,

glad the staples are out and hope that will help you to get it a bit more comfortable.

i so hope that you and Rich have a very t07113.gif and that 2012 will be kinder to you. love and hugs Cris xx
  • duvarayi
    duvarayi Member Posts: 68
    Options
    DearJulie
    I'm new here but have been a lurker for some time.I have been following your op news though. I am happy to hear that you are recovering well.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and get well soon
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Well done you Julie

things are going as they should be then x:-D

Merry Christmas to you too

Love and hugs (gentle)

Toni xx

t07017.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Thankyou sticky for passing on my message
    it was so kind of you. x:-D

I can report I am not feeling too bad now x:-D
    My sleep last night was not that bad really, still on my back but was a little more comfortable.

Today has been a quiet one for me and rich but, tomorrow there will be mum & Dad, Mil, and Lisa (charlie having to work) for dinner and tea, so quite a long day. Rich has everything under control (bless him) cooked the meats today and will prep veg later tonight.....sorted x:-D
    Triffle in fridge and the pud.....well...that comes out of a box x:lol:

Hope everyone has had a goood day
    thank you again to everyone for your support.
    with love and hugs
    juliepf x
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Julie, You are a Treasure.

Am glad sleep is getting easier for you and you are feeling much better.
    Dont you go overdoing it tommorrow, family will understand if you need to have some quiet time. x:wink:

Take care dear friend.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I do hope you manage to enjoy tomorrow, Julie, rather than ending up enduring it.

Don't be afraid of doing a disappearing act if need be cos you know if you don't and you say tomorrow you are tired and sore and acheing I shall set that woman on you who shoved me down to the docs last week. (Oh, it was you, wasn't it? x:lol: )

Look after yourself. I shall be thinking of you.
    Steven Wright