I then got a 'puter for Christmas
It opened some new worlds to see
I found lots of people just like me
On a forum that's run by AC.

Thank you, thank you,
Thank you my friends on AC, AC,
Thank you, thank you,
Have hugs and some love from DD.

My thanks are sent to everyone on here for making such a huge difference to my life. I have made some wonderful friends, friends such as I have never had before, friends that I will never lose, and that is thanks to the forum. I hope you all have the best Christmas and New Year possible. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear DD,
    You are a really lovely lady and I wish you a very happy christmas and as painfree as possible 2012.
    Thank you for all the laughs and tears you have given me since I joined this forum.
    May
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    DD, you have no idea how much I am struggling here not to write something stupid and fascetious because fascetious is what I do naturally and stupid is what I am naturally and, I guess, most of the time it works for me.

OK, here's my serious face. It takes one to know one, as my dear old Mum used to say. In this case we're talking friendship though it can be applied to many other things - and probably will be.

Oh, and I still think you did brilliantly getting off the pred about a month before the deadline you'd set yourself.

Right, that's all the serious you get. I understand Joan has a garage full of Home Brew. Get the rollator out. I'll meet you on the M1.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi dd what a great poem you are a very important part of the forum would not be the same with out you val
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    DD , love the poem ; hugs and love to you , Mr DD and the invasion of mothers . Have a fantastic christmas and then maybe a good rest when it's all over ! Jillyb
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hi DD
    that is a lovely poem you are a kind loving helpfull lady
    and you always know the right answer to a question.
    i wish you and Mr DD a lovely christmas and a happy and
    a pain free 2012.
    take care.
    joan xx x:-D
    take care
    joan xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Thank you DD, for all your help and support. I love the poem, have a great holiday!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Kellerman - I am distraught - I've made you cry? Noooooooooo! I only ever want to make people grin, I am so sorry. :oops:

As for you, young stickystockystuckywicket, not for the first time words fail me. You are mightily entertaining and I love reading your contributions - straight, honest, usually amusing and always thought-provoking.

valval - try singing it! I did two verses then the chorus, I hope that is in the right order. It's one of the many daft things that popped into my mind whilst sorting out the beds.

The invasion is underway, Jilly. Mr DD has had a helluva journey to fetch my ma, four hours to get to hers instead of the usual two. :sad: I hope to whoever the homeward journey goes better but I hae me doots. Regards to you and yours, I hope you all have a splendid time.

I sincerely hope things improve for you soon Suzygirl, you have had a rough ride over the past few weeks, even months, so it's about time the tide turned, yes?

My lovely dachshund, you are an utter sweetie and I hope you and Sue have a lovely time over the Christmas period, you will be in my thoughts, I can promise you that.

What a smashing bunch of people you all are, golly gosh I am a lucky girl to have met you all. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    OH DD,
    Cry with laughter...don't be distraught.
    I've been humming that tune since reading your thread...now I'll learn the words.
    Your sense of humour is so uplifting and considering what you are going through you are a tonic...I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Have a fantastic christmas with the mums....don't overdo it.
    Will be thinking of you. May
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    As for you, young stickystockystuckywicket,

Young? YOUNG???? DD, I think I love you. It is vital we never meet up.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh DD....that was fantastic......How you do it I dont know :lol:
    You are so wise as well as poetic.
    Happy Christmas to you and Mr DD
    I wish you all the patience in the world while you have the motheres there.
    Can you get the rollator out and escape for a while :lol::lol:
    If we were closer I would meet you with mine halfway :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Loved the new version DD hope you and your family have a lovely xmas and a happy new year.Your posts have been very good,sometimes making me laugh,or cheering people up,but mostly giving good advice.xxxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Loved the poem..
    Thanks to you to luvie for your help and support, wishing you a Merry Christmas, take care and enjoy..xxx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Well done for the poem DD

was well up to your usual standard x:-D

a Merry Christmas to you

t07102.gif

Love

Toni xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh dd your poem is brilliant

well done and a merry christmas to you and thank you for being here for all of us on the forum.

Love Juliepf x