Merry christmas and a better new year

nunivos
nunivos Member Posts: 11
edited 23. Dec 2011, 23:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just to say i hope everyone has a happy day and eats loads.lol. I have had such a busy time since my early christmas with appointments. Saw my rheumy nurse on wed, and loads has changed due to my crp being high despite 2 140ml steriod jabs in the past 2 months. Another joint squeeze session and she is unable to see any improvement since my last visit in october. I couldn't see who was more upset, me or her. we are now going to the next stage and i qualify for starting golimumib soon. will be tested for tb in the new year which my lad thought hilarious as we are testing the cows on the farm next week, and he piped in that we could get the vet to do mummy and measure the lumps in my neck, but i couldn't be shot if i am a reactor as he needs me to take him to school. kids really do say things to put you at ease sometimes eh.
I have been given some preds 20 mg to get me through the next 8 weeks and i can hopefully get my hands under control. OT thinks i have carpel tunnel syndrome so i will also be tested for this. Spica splints are ok and have just ordered a new ripple memory matress to be here soon. It turns out i have ankylosing spondylitis too which i wasn't told until i asked why my sacroiliac joiny was sore again. going to start taking better care of myself and not kep struggling as i have been.
Happy christmas everyone and have a very unpainful new year, god bless.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well what a lot has been going on can just see you lined up with cows waiting to be tested have great christmas val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Nunivos

hey your lad might have a good idea there..... i am sure vets would be better at treating us :wink: mind mine now say they would use a special 'universal fixer' for me :lol:

hope the testing goes well and mind those hooves....

good luck though seriously and hope you get the go ahead for the golimumib.

wishing you and your family a very h140.gif and a kinder 2012. Cris x