Useful Presents

SheilaD
SheilaD Member Posts: 201
edited 2. Jan 2012, 06:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

Hope you all had a good day Yesterday. Just dropped by to tell you about my most thoughtful presents I got for Christmas. :smile: I got 2 kitchen gadgets from my hubby an electric can opener and a jar loosener thingy. So no more waiting for someone to call to open cans or jars these were always a bug bear for me. Just wished someone would invent something to peel veggies lol These also give me grief, so fed up retrieving them from round the kitchen when they have tried to escape. Also got a lovely necklace. Most people laugh when I told them what I got, but I think they are the most useful things I could have recieved. :smile:

Lets see who else got gadgets bought for them for Christmas to make their life easier.

Love n hugs

SheilaD xx

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sheila,

I think I have something similar to the jar opener.... can;t wait to try it out and will get a jar of jam to see how to use it.

A friend of mine got me a peeler a while ago, it slides down your hand so the peeler bit is in the palm of your hand. Thats might help you if you had one?

Its not so easy sometimes is it? Hope you had a decent day. Cris x
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Hi Shiela,

My wee brother gave me microwaveable furry boot slippers. I can't wait to use them!

Magenta x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I got useful stuff FOR my MIL

Her favourite being some (cheap) pink foot shaped thingies, which suction to the shower floor and have sort of gentley spikey rubbery things on so she can wash her feet without bending.

out of breath now x:lol:

I have one of those peelers Cris describes. No need to 'grip' with your hands.

Love

Toni xx

PS a spiked chopping board can help for chppoing veggies up?
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    What about frozen chopped vegetables.....the lazy mans way :oops:

I got some battery lights to go on my scooter....its only a pavement scooter but these days we have been out and suddenly got dark very quickly so my daughter bought me these lights, along with chocs and other things.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Thank heavens for all those wonderful folks who care enough to find those useful gifts because they care about whether we can peel a potato without weeping in frustration or pain.
    My most useful/thoughtful present came courtesy of the children who gave me a kindle-I love reading but holding a book is hugely painful and was making it a pass-time I mostly abandoned-now I can read "hands free"-it's wonderful.
    Hope you all had a good Christmas.

Deb x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I love my kindle too Deb :grin:

Fabulous things and so light.

Note to self: pack kindle to show to Cris skez in Cornwall today.

LOve

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I got not so much useful rather comfort helping some fur lined boot slippers which keep my poor iced feet nice and warm! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!
  • keith1971
    keith1971 Member Posts: 302
    Any idea how to get them from download onto an iPad!?
    315yexv.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I received a Kindle and I adore it. Thank you for the link, del, I shall investigate! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben