Behaving badly at Xmas and payback.

Options
LolaCrayola
LolaCrayola Member Posts: 152
edited 27. Dec 2011, 13:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been up since 3. Traded physio and painkillers for two cocktails, hotel and restaurant with husband. Now really sore, waiting for painkillers to kick in and playing catch up physio. OA isn't very glamourous. Luckily I took everything and have heat patches somewhere. It is worth it, I just wish it was a moe normal life for everyone. Is anyone else behaving badly?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey Lola

l think it IS worth it and l will keep doing it as long as l can x:-)

l will cross my fingers for you that your pain relief kicks in soon and you start to feel a bit better.

Too right arthritis is not glamorous x:( BUT l hope you and husband had a lovely meal and those cocktails were an elixir

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you are right to make arther a small part of your life not let it take over you need balance even if pay back always takes place it well worth it i had 2 double saylor jerrys christmas eve was lovely even if i was drunk lol val
    val
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Lola

I behaved a little badly, doing what any mum wants to do for three days over crimble when the family are back home. x:-D I am so happy that today is "my" day and started that off by not waking up until 10.00 am. x;)

Although various body parts are "screaming" my list of positives is greater than my list of negatives and that is how I look at life these days.

I hope that you too can find more "fors" than "againsts" about your special hotel celebration.

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I think the others have said it all, LolaCrayola. Only you can decide if it was worth it for you but I know it was for me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Lola
    Yes its worth it ........I wasnt the best behaved and am suffering a bit more.... Have resorted to the patches as well :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lola,

payback.... t me its always worth it :lol: I think i am a bit stupid to honest but have had this bone stuff a long time and don;t give it an easy ride :lol:

Hope it will ease off for you soon but glad you took everything and were prepared cus the secret eh?

may bones have given me a rough time this year and I could;t do what I wanted to do..... still pushed it a bit though cus you have to now and then i think.

tis only you who knows if it was worth it though? Cris x