I deserve a medal

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 28. Dec 2011, 16:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, and I will have been married for 46 years.

Phew :!: Where did all those years go since I was walking down the aisle on a freezing cold day in 1965 :?:
I was so nervous that I sang a solo by accident when the organist played the introduction to the first hymn :roll: :lol: I wore a dress which I'd made myself, and when we returned from honeymoon, we'd only got £13 left between us.

I reckon that I deserve a medal tomorrow for devotion to duties over and above the call of duty, but then my OH probably does too for putting up with me for all these years :shock: When he asked my Dad for my hand in marriage, my Dad's reply was,'' Do you think you'll be able to handle her?'' ( a bit like taming a wild animal :?: :roll: ) My OH said yes at the time, but he still hasn't managed it 46 years later :!: :lol:

Joan :grin:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Many , many congratulations to you both , Joan . 46 years ; it must be love ! Hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow . Love to you both . Jillyb
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Happy anniversary Joan, from me and the forum team.

Jean

x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    joan he is so lucky to have you well done have a great day val
    val
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    48 Waaaaaaaaaaaaahey Joan Thought we were doing well 44 in April I hereby award you twoand a half Medals x:-D x:-D x:-D x:-D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    You certainly do deserve a medal, Joan. 46 years is some achievement. I expect, just to be even-handed, that Mr Joan does too – but a smaller one as he’s a bloke.

You’re 3 years ahead of us. My Dad was so keen to off-load me, he shot off down the aisle ahead of me & I’d to drag him back. We ‘honeymooned’ in my friend’s student flat (It was Easter holidays) in Putney!

Have a great day tomorrow.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Thank you very much for your good wishes, Jilly, Jean, Val, Tone and Sticky.

We're off out to celebrate tomorrow, and we've received an invitation to visit Nina Kang's new house. ( She doesn't post on here very often these days, but I'm sure that many people will remember her ) It was through this forum that Nina and I met a couple of years ago, and we are now very good friends. It goes to show what a positive and valuable thing this forum can be.

I'm looking forward to the day, but still can't quite get my head round the fact that 46 years have gone by in the blink of an eye.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Wishing you both a very Happy anniversary Joan :grin::grin: . Hope you have a lovely day. Cris xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Enjoy your anniversary Mr and Mrs Lawson , be sure to pamper yourselves and celebrate . Best wishes to Nina too , tell her she's missed . Jillyb
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Joan :grin:

:grin: Congratulations to you both. Wonderful to hear. I hope we can get to that number of years too but we've a fair way to go. :wink:

I hope you are having a fabtastic day.

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • starspangle
    starspangle Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Congrats Joan.
    Would have been my Mom and Dads 60th today (diamond I think).
    Champagne in heaven I hope.

Well done Joan a great achievement.