best shoes brand?!

Options
serah24
serah24 Member Posts: 34
edited 2. Jan 2012, 12:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello again,and Merry Christmas to all..
I'd like to know your opinions about good shoes brands to wear,especially for ankle pain :sad: cuz i'm having a big problem when buying shoes and not being able to wear them. In fact , the best type of footwear for me is the one which doesn't touch the ground directly because the worst pain is located in my ankle..
so if anyone has a good experience with any brand for arthritis hope he'd help me before choosing and buying any..

Comments

• pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I find Hotter shoes comfortable and supportive.

Hope that helps

pink x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I use Hotter shoes as well....I find they are good......but I find that the catalogues they send out aren't great....what I do is look at the catalogue and then when I find something I think I linke I go on line and maximise to get a proper view of it.
    Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i use earth spirit they work for me plenty of padding in sole and heal also got some boots from clarkes but you do need to look at soles as some not got much grip val
    val
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Cosyfeet for me ; wide fittings , velcro and some can be opened almost flat so you can wrap them around swollen feet . Look on line for them . Jillyb
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    I like Hotters too. I got some really trendy ones in a colour called gunpowder...a sort of metalic grey, and loved them so much that I got another pair in a metalic brown. I can actually walk in their heels, and they were selling them half price, with a free shoulder bag or wallet (so have got both).

I have got loads of trendy shoes just sitting in the wardrobe doing nothing, but have to stick to just a few makers these days, or I end up with bleeding, painful feet x:!: x:!: x:!:

Jean
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi, I love Padders don't think they have trendy styles just comfy with insoles that can be taken out if you need to make them wider. Beware of buying from Padders site as they work out much more expensive than local shops.

Hope you had a good Christmas.

Love
    Vonski x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Serah

I have only got one pair of shoes :shock: I don;t really have the kind of life style where shoes are useful.... I do have an array of boots... I find the full safety bots help both me feet and ankles as well and DM's now a days do do fairly trendy type boots.... Mind I know DM's are not everyone's cup of tea...... :lol: I kinda live in a swamp so boots are needed here :wink: My hunters are also supportive f the ankle and foot but they're not cheap at all..... and again they have limited use with posh clothes :lol:

I think if you can go to a shoe shop and try a few things on so you know what helps you. Good luck in finding the ones that suit you best. Cris x

Hey Jean what site did you get those from? x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Cris Petal
    How are things this morning.......not meaning to answer for Jean but if you are interested try the Hotter site......I imagine thats where she got them
    Leaving the usual tea
    Love
    Hileena
    Sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread Serah
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Thanks Hileena, will go have a look. Cris xx
  • serah24
    Options
    hey everybody :grin: ..
    thanks all for your opinions i'll have a look on the net to see the styles of brands you've mentioned and then i'll go and purchase the best good looking ones :lol: but the most comfortable sure because it's becoming a really annoying thing when i buy expensive shoes, wear them for one or two times and then nothing..!! :x
    @ Hileena : never mind you're more than welcomed to say whatever you want dear :grin:
  • serah24
    Options
    ..I've heard that FitFlop is a good brand also..has anyone tried it so far?
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I haven't heard of Fitflop but will have a look.

I buy my shoes/sandals/slippers from Cosyfeet nowadays. Delivery is usually within 3 working days and their returns policy is good if they're not suitable.

Before this my Rheumy referred me to the Orthotics Department at the hospital so I have the option of having boots/shoes made especially for me free of charge. I currently have two pairs of hospital ankle boots which I wear when my ankles are sore or I feel I need more support. I wonder if it's worth you having a chat to your Rheumatologist in view of your problems with conventional footwear.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    I personally find El Nationalista boots the best.

Some of their styles are not suitable as they are high heels.

xx
  • Nellyphant
    Nellyphant Member Posts: 27
    Options
    I discovered Alegria shoes and boots earlier this year and I think they are fabulous.
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    FIT FLOPS EVERY TIME! THEY ARE SO GOOD I CAN'T RECOMMEND THEM ENOUGH - THAT'S WHY I'M GOING FOR BIG TYPE TO MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THEIR WEBSITE! :P

Seriously I have two pairs and will have to go for more as I'm wearing them out. The biker boots are my favourite as they are so cool but they do have side zips that are hard for my hands to pull up so I have to get my hubby to help sometimes. Also they are hard to tug up over the ankle bone and my friend with OA bought some and they didn't suit her because her legs are too wide she says. But once they are on you are transported - it's like walking on clouds and on days when my hands are too bad to pull 'em on I wear my Fitflop brown suede clogs and really, that's why I think my knees and ankles are so much better than they were now - they are life changing. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • LolaCrayola
    LolaCrayola Member Posts: 152
    Options
    I wear Therashoes. I have arthritis in my spine, they have a rocker sole. Sports direct do them, so you could try a pair there.
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/thera-agaya-shoes-ladies-236001?colcode=23600191
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Hi,

I find DB are the best. Like Hotter the insole can be taken out for your own orthotic insooles if you have them
    I used to always buy Hotter but I find they are not wide enough now and also some styles are quite hard.(I need shoes to feel like slippers!)
    Happy New Year.
    Anita.x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    ILL bet one of you have got the JML slipper that you put 2 feet in LMAO
    who got the blanket with the arms in
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • pickle
    pickle Member Posts: 21
    Options
    I find Birkenstocks amazing, I have the sandal and shoe styles. They are expensive but I find them very roomy and supportive x
  • serah24
    Options
    Happy New year everyone...hope this year will be hiding lots of happiness and health for everyone.. :smile:
    Well many options are mentioned here so i'll bring a pair of each brand :lol: ..No seriously i'll try and then decide, thanks for ur thoughts you really helped me to choose my destination before buying anything..
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You have to find what suits you - my feet hurt too much now for Birkenstocks, I've given up with Hotter as they are far from comfortable, Moshulu were OK but now unaffordable, so I have made the decision that what is on my feet is immaterial as long as it's reasonably comfortable. Currently I'm wearing a pair of Cotton Traders desert boots in purple (with a good insole for me) and I wait for Clarks sales for anything else that might suit. My old Hawkeshead walking boots are fabulous in bad weather and I have a number of pairs of Crocs (including slippers). Wellies are hopeless but I have some pretty ones! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My most successful shoe purchase of 2011 was from Marisota extra wide. I wear these mary Jane style shoes and they fit me perfectly. I also purchased Alegria 2 pairs, red patent and CND peace but they are just a little too tight across the top of my foot.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    I have to repeat, because you mentioned them enquiringly, that I have become a fitflop devotee. I have either tried or purchased all the other brands mentioned but these are the ones that support my feet best. They have an adaption on wobble board so you can rock a little while standing still and a disguised raised orthopaedic sole which is a bit like memory foam so adapts to the foot. My hubby has bought a pair too and we can now where nothing else for any length of time. We both have narrow feet so which might be a consideration but the clogs are heavenly and I bought them through Boots online.
    If you get lemons, make lemonade