well been on sulfa

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 29. Dec 2011, 10:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
tabs for few weeks getting bit of pain in back right side not arther but do wonder if could be kidneys ??? not been drinking enough water must have more any tips val
val

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val,

It may just be you have over done things over the holidays but if it continues or the pain changes and / or intensifies, or if you start to pee a lot etc it would be best to get it checked out.

They got you on regular bloods just now I hope? Can''t remember how often you have them on sulfa now but they should be doing them regularly.

Leaving you a ((((( ))))), an anti pain draft and a hoe its a lot easier today. Cris xx

oh and Val up your water intake in case as well. xx
  • valval
    Options
    thanks cris did drink more water yesterday (feeling sick was not helping with this) and pain much less will keep eye on it had bloods done when started and go back in 8 weeks (feb) so looks like every 8 weeks for bloods hope they will be ok and this stuff kicks in soon getting fed up of uncomphy eyes and constant pain steroid injections lasted about 7 weeks each were great while they lasted but only serves to remind you how bad it is when wears off was lovely doing what ever you want while it lasted.val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Val,

I agree with Cris that you've probably overdone things. You've also just said that it was nice while the steroid injections lasted so I bet you've not held back when your pain was less.

As for your kidneys, why would it just be on one side of your body unless you only have one kidney? Is sulpha more likely to affect the kidneys than the liver? Sorry, so many questions. :oops:

Increasing your water intake is a good thing anyway, I find sipping boiled water can help when feeling sick and nibbling on ginger biscuits, if you feel like it.

Hope you feel less yucky soon and that the tabs start to kick in. :smile:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    Options
    thanks linda could be a chill on the kidneys well on one side lol sat with a hot water bottle on it feeling so much better val
    val
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    I think you should be getting more frequent blood tests Val? When I was on Sulpha it was every two weeks for the first three months or so and now on MTX the same thing as they are checking your kidney and liver function as well as white blood cells etc so it's very important, especially if you are getting pain or discomfort in the area of your kidneys so please go back to your GP and ask for another test etc as this doesn't sound right to me. Mat x
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • valval
    Options
    thanks mat will do val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I've not had this, Val, so can't offer much in the way of help but, whether or not kidneys are involved, you should keep up fluid intake. Sips of water - warm or cold - should be OK even if you feel sick but maybe best to get it checked out. Take care.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright