I hope you feel better soon, Jean123

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 4. Jan 2012, 06:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've just read on Traluvie's thread that you have had to forgo a family gathering for New Year due to a sniffle or two (my words, not yours!) I am so sorry Jean, I know that Hogmanay is quite an event (I would love to 'do' one!) and I hope that you feel better soon. Keep warm and well hydrated : I suggest a roaring fire and many wee drams of a good single malt. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD,

Wishing you and yours all the very best for 2012. I have a roaring fire, but the central heating boiler is broken and no one will fix it until at least next week. Also the snow broke a tile, and we have a leak - just above our bed!!

Never mind, I have hubby and cats, and Alfiewhippet to cuddle up to.

There is a single malt in the house...but I think I will forgo that and have a mulled wine, plus a glass of cava at midnight.

Hugs to you,

Jean
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah: may I suggest that you have a tipple (or two) of your choice and position the husband under the leak, snuggle up with the beasts, top up the tipples with a coco or two and I hope you have a good night's rest. I will be enjoying my last night in splendid marital isolation (a whole double bed to myself!) under a wide open Velux - bliss! And reading my new Kindle - utter heaven!

I wish you a good 2012. Take the very best care. DD
  • jean123
    Options
    Hi DD,

The new kindle sounds great, and you sound so cumfy and snug.

I will take your suggestions to heart - indeed the leak is on hubby's side x:-D x:-D

Jean
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well Jean, we are a few days on now - how goes it? I hope the sniffles are on their way out and you are feeling better in yourself. DD
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i do hope roof sorted before all this wind and rain came take care val
    val
  • jean123
    Options
    Hi Dreamdaisy and valval,

The sniffles are not totally gone, but are getting more bearable x:-D x:-D The flare is also gradually coming under control.

We still have no boiler. They have put us back to the manufacturers, who are going to phone tomorrow to tell us when they will come out. The leak seems to have stopped leaking...I hope that isn't famous last words x:lol: x:lol:

Hugs to you both.

Jean
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Jean, glad your on the mend! Can't say the same about your poor house! Sounds like it needs alittle TLC! Poor house sounds like he/she has a bad case of Arther!! :lol: Hope you get the important stuff like heating and leaks done soon!