sunny spring day

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 2. Jan 2012, 18:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
well the sun was shinning it was warm for a spring day so val decided to wander around the pond over the bridge listening to the birds singing watching the ducks and swans. across to the tow path on the canal,
along she wandered passing a small puppie exploring the hedge bottom, seeing the fish coming up to try to get the insects hovering above the water. along she went passing under the over pass bridge up the side of the locks until she came to a public house who's garden came down to the tow path.
here she stopped calling in for a lime and lemonade taking it out side where she could see the water and sat waiting to see if any of her ac pals came by. there were butterflies in her stomach will they like me will they be disappointed in who i am will they just see the uneducated simple person i am or will they like me . shall i go before they arrive to save embarrassment or shall i stay how will they arrive motor bike car boat who is to say??? just then there is a sound to late to run??
val

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't know who you were meeting, Val, but I hope it went well for all of you. I guess it's very scarey meeting up with people you 'know' and 'like' in cyberspace - like risking all the good things for the potential of something better. Whatever else you may or may not be, you are definitely brave.

As for 'uneducated' and 'simple' - Val, some of the brightest brains ever were uneducated and some the nicest people I've ever met have been 'simple' and uncomplicated like a breath of that fresh air on the canal bank. I hope you all have a great day
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Val, I hope that you didn't run! Whoever it was, it would have been their great privilege to meet you :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    well to be honest it has not happened yet, was chatting to some one yesterday who said we should meet up when the weather was better (neither of us manages well this weather) it set me to thinking how it would be.
    so sticky thanks for coming down to the canal and shareing the day with myself and joan who is a very special lady we all enjoyed drinks dinner but non of the men appeared what a shame val wonder who will come along this evening???
    val
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oooh Val, I'd no idea I was wandering into a pub lunch with you & Joan down by the canal. What a lovely idea!

Of course no men turned up. I told you it required bravery, didn't I?

By the way, I think Joan had it spot on.)
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Val, you don't live a million miles away from me, so we really should meet up sometime too. I've met five people from on here now, and all of them are lovely people and good friends. I was a bit nervous to begin with, just as you said, but need not have worried. I'm sure that they thought I'm every bit as bonkers as they were expecting :roll: :lol:

When you said about a motor bike, I had a vision of Del roaring down the canal towpath like a knight in shining armour :eek: Perhaps he will be along later :grin: I met Rehab and Del both at the same time, and I still haven't recovered yet :lol:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I met Rehab and Del both at the same time, and I still haven't recovered yet :lol:

Now that is bravery. Deep respect, Joan.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You do yourself down far too much for my liking, valval. You have a very individual and quirky take on life, you make me roar with laughter, I think you are a very warm-hearted lady, a loyal friend, you have an emotional strength that I envy, a determined spirit, guts and courage to spare and I for one would very much like to meet you.

I have met two people from here now, and yes, I had butterflies but we all had the advantage of already knowing things about each other: in truth I think the only surprise was our appearances - neither Frog nor JillyB1 looked how I imagined and they both managed to camouflage their shock at seeing me very well indeed. I repeat, I would very much like to meet up and if ever I come your way we will see what we can sort out, yes? And vice versa of course, if you head my way. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You do yourself down far too much for my liking, valval. You have a very individual and quirky take on life, you make me roar with laughter, I think you are a very warm-hearted lady, a loyal friend, you have an emotional strength that I envy, a determined spirit, guts and courage to spare and I for one would very much like to meet you.

I have met two people from here now, and yes, I had butterflies but we all had the advantage of already knowing things about each other: in truth I think the only surprise was our appearances - neither Frog nor JillyB1 looked how I imagined and they both managed to camouflage their shock at seeing me very well indeed. I repeat, I would very much like to meet up and if ever I come your way we will see what we can sort out, yes? And vice versa of course, if you head my way. DD

you bought tears to my eyes dd thankyou i get the feeling we would hit it off well as you are a very strong person
    did wonder if del would come down tow path on his bike with mel side saddle now that would be fun
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well, we hit it off on here, don't we, so as far as I can see there's no reason why that shouldn't carry on in 'real' life. Yup, I guess I am (or have) a strong character and that has developed in response to the demands of this foul disease. I used to be quite shy and diffident but not any more, my mother laments this new 'hardness' in me but it's a necessary carapace (that's something between a shell and a shield) to cope with the ever-increasing demands of life. I didn't mean to make you cry valval, I just told the truth as I see it; I reckon there's a deal more to you than meets the eye. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    no you wait till you see the size of me lol 5ft3" and round lol now whos round is it .
    i wonder if nina will lend us the fire men to get the garden sorted this year?
    must get in cafe have left poor bubbles to run it might put add in for more staff and get del to spruce up the cane and able think we need a party was to ill new years eve right off to get brush out val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote:
    i wonder if nina will lend us the fire men to get the garden sorted this year?

I met up with Nina only yesterday, Val, and she's keeping all those firemen in order as usual. They've recently moved into a brand-new fire station with all mod cons, so I'm sure she could spare a few of the hunkiest ones for us :grin:
  • valval
    Options
    thanks joan she did say you had lovely lunch val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote: