Re:BBC news

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 6. Jan 2012, 17:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all this is just me dipping me cyber toe in the water regarding posting and more importantly I seek your general opinion of this observation I've made.
Right here goes!.
Now is it me or does the BBC news seem obsessed with the financial situation were are all in, everytime I turn the new on it's like the Dodo scetch from the film Ice age all we get is DOOM ON YOU!, it's so bad I don't watch it anymore it's just to depressing, I mean what can any off us do?, we sink or swim together, were all on financial Titanic her and it doesn't matter who you are as no ones gettin off the ship as the bankers have taken all the life boats and the Captain was happy to let them do so, so BBC if you see this post I have a sugestion, instead of trying to drag us all down into terminal depression please just for once change the flippin record as I think we all get the message your trying to get across OK

PS I've just noticed the nymber of e mails I have in my in tray is 666!. any ideas?.:)

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    every time they do another story on the doom and gloom people stop shopping weather it train prices increasing or gass and electric they are causing the resession to go on as people are so scraed of what might happen they are waiting to see what the future bringing.
    i know it not good i know bills are going up and i know wages are not hours are being cut more work is being shoved on those left in the job but there must be some good news out there and why do they feel they have to tell us what to feel and think they should be giving facts and allowing us to make up our own minds this constant drip is not good it does seem good news is no news bad is best well not here val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    They are reporting what is happening as that is the role of a news broadcaster. I have found a simple solution to this: I don't watch it. (Christmas passed without the telly being switched on once, in fact it wasn't watched until we set up my mum's new one on 28th December so I could teach her how to use the remote - well, to be more accurate just three buttons on the remote and even that is now proving to be two too many.) As for the economic downturn we all know it's there, we can all feel it, and it will get worse but it is a current story and has to be reported.

666? The 'proper' number of something that may or may not exist is 616, some scribe altered it as he thought it was not scary enough. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think news is, almost invariably and whichever channel/newspaper is reporting it, about doom & gloom. Currently it's about financial doom & gloom until the next earthquake/plane crash/flood etc. (Ah, this lunchtime it was about storm damage.) I find it simpler to get the news online or by teletext. That way I can choose what to read about - or not to read it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Yeah you can always turn it off I guess but the BBC has a monopoly anyway so it’s hard to avoid unless you stop using your TV and radio altogether I don't look at it much but the BBC are caught in a loop of doom and all they are doing is driving despair home, as the old saying goes more is less, the BBC would be better off scrapping the 24 hour news as it's to politically correct and pants, I don’t agree totally that they just report news they also try and enforce their opinion by constant repartition, totally wrong way to go about things but then that’s the PC BBC for you, we don't need more of the same c**p but less with more quality diversity and truth, the BBC just spout what the Guardian prints anyway and have been caught out doing so, the summer riots was a classic example, they ran a story that the reason the rioters did what they did was that they were angry with the Police, this came directly from the Guardian but wasn’t run by another news outlet except the BBC and it was false, they also ran stories about how looters were educated and employed for the most part, again lifted directly from the Guardian and again false but, the Guardian is the chattering Liberal classes mouth piece but has destroyed it’s reputation by printing fabricated stories the worst being the Millie Dowler phone hacking scandal, it never happened, OK news of the world wont be missed by me but 200 people lost their jobs because the Guardian made the story up, I can see them being taken to court in a mass lawsuit once the enquiry into phone hacking is over. They have totally destroyed their impartiality and good name.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    The BBC doesn't have a monopoly on the news, the trouble is all sources are reporting the same stuff. I know that quite a few of my friends have taken to watching Al Jazeera (or whatever it's called) as they feel that the presentation has less bias than the Beeb or Sky: no, it has the bias they like, that's all. The only truth in any newspaper is the name of the rag and the date. DD
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    My niece worked for the BBC for many years as a news producer, a very difficult and high-stress job. She said that by far the most popular and widely read newspapers at the BBC are The Guardian and The Independent. ­Producers refer to them routinely for the line to take on ­running stories, and for inspiration on which items to cover.

At any given time there is a BBC line on everything of importance, a line usually adopted in the light of which way its senior echelons believe the political wind is ­blowing. This line is rarely spelled out explicitly, but percolates subtly throughout the organisation. The one thing guaranteed to damage your career prospects at the BBC is letting it be known that you are at odds with the prevailing and deep-rooted BBC attitude. Eventually, my niece escaped from the BBC, and she now lectures students in broadcast news at university.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Which is exactly what you see on the ITV news, or Channel 4 news. They also try to whip up emotions - they are all the same dog on the ends of different leads. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    If you think BBC etc are bad, have you tried the USA news channels? Only very rarely does it become clear that there is a part of the world beyond US boundaries.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    Options
    If you think BBC etc are bad, have you tried the USA news channels? Only very rarely does it become clear that there is a part of the world beyond US boundaries.

no thankgoodness ours is bad enough lol mind you it going to be storm dammage today over and over val
    val
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    I agree completely, we are being kept under a cloud of doom, the whole of Europe in fact. There are good things happening under the cloud, but it is easier to keep the masses in place. The financial situation is the end of the world one day, then, you read that the bank of England has enough capital to ride out a complete collapse of the Euro. Confused? Me too.
    We have been fed all this dyer information for years now. There seems to be no shortage of money, people are still going to work, the shops are as busy as ever.
    :roll:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi Mell 666 emails that will be a DEVIL of a job to get through. When i get bogged down with emails i just hit the delete button.
    State of the country, wish i had gone into banking One for you 10 for me
    It doesent matter what we really think its down to the people to take the govenment to task but hey where a nation of soft Johny English.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • valval
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    They've lost all credibility now, just seen a reporter talking about the faulty French breast implants dressed in surgical scrubs FFS.

i saw that as well why ???? there was no reason for it.
    val
    val