Old friends

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 7. Jan 2012, 07:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
I attended a funeral yesterday where I met up with lots of old colleagues I hadn't seen for years. It was a bit of a shock to the system to notice how much some of them had aged, but then I had the awful realisation that they were probably thinking the same thing about me :shock:

It's strange how in my mind these people had been frozen in time, so it was a shock to see them so much older. However, as soon as we were able to meet after the service, it was just as though the years fell off all of us, and we were soon talking and laughing as though time had stood still. Our friend was given a good send-off, and I think he would have been very pleased that so many colleagues were able to meet up again.

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi joan, i am always amazed how people from school still recognise me. i feel i have changed so much but they still recognise me far better than i do them.
    but yes the time passing makes no difference it always good to see some one from your past who you got on with and a good send off is always the best way we can say goodbye. glad it made a sad time much easyer to cope with that other wise would have been sad you can now remember them with a smile val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Ah Joan

that was sad - glad your friend had a good send-off :sad:

I often think that when l meet up with old colleagues...and of course they can't possibly be thinking that of me :shock: can they :???:

love

Toni x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    It's interesting to see which of my colleagues have stayed the most young-looking for their age. I think that the ones who have a really good sense of humour, a positive attitude to life, and have always remained young at heart, still reflect that in their faces today. One person who was always miserable and difficult to work with looked the oldest person, although he is younger than many others. Maybe the secret to staying young-looking lies partly within, because we show our personalities in our faces.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif