jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You really are easily pleased , DD ! Jillyb
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i watching a film lol played darts for local pub once when we had an away match told the scorer if he shouted my score out i would crack him one he must have known i ment it as he did not lol i was only there to make numbers up and have trouble hitting the board let alone hitting where i want to on a board
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    th_darts4.gif

What's the fascination with darts, DD? I never could quite understand, so can you explain?
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    What!, not the 1970's pop band that brought us such memorable hits such as duke of Earl, the boy from New York City, and my all-time favourite Daddy cool, oh yes it’s all coming back to me now DD.

“She led me by the hand (Cool daddy, cool, ahaha)
    Down to the railroad track (Cool daddy, cool)
    There in a tin roof honky tonk
    Cool Daddy shook the shack (Ahaha, ahaha)” :???:

Oh those were the days!. 8)
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I bought a dart boad and about 10 sets of darts of various weight thought it would be fgood exercise for the arms a shoulders but its painfull
    however i can hit the board at three paces,
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm a great believer that it is the simple things in life that bring the most pleasure. I love the raucousness of the crowd, the gimmicks of the players (I can do the Daryl Fitton Madness dance with the best of 'em and a flaming good 'Wolfie' howl too!) but most of all I LOVE the maths. I am rubbish at sums, I can do the basics but ask me what a treble nineteen totals and I flounder - my thought processes are tortuous. And as for Roberto Georgio - well, the man is a leg-end! It's such a tonic to the bleak days of early January and it also makes a change to listening to Radio 5Live footie commentators wittering on about half-empty grounds: it's not that the fans don't care, it's 'cos they're all stoney broke after Christmas and unlike Mr A Green et al do not get courtesy tickets. Winkers.

I have never thrown a dart in my life but Colin's made me think: it would be a good, gentle exercise for the shoulders/upper arms, wouldn't it? Time for a placky board and suction-tipped darts to be put up on the back of a door somewhere, methinks. :wink: It will help my abysmal maths too! :smile: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I never worked out the maths either - well, not without a piece of paper & biro. Not that it mattered the way I threw. Our board was on a door-protecting large piece of hardboard. Some days I managed to miss the hardboard let alone the dartboard. I never found it gentle exercise either. All that constant repetition of one action is quite knackering on the shoulder. Bowls is probably gentler.

TV darts hasn't been the same since the no smoking ban. It used to be that, every so often, a screeching female relative would rise from the fug like the creature from the swamp. Now that they're permanently visible all the suspense has gone out of it and there's only the darts to watch.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah yes, but what beauties they are :wink: : I believe there was a series on Sky or somewhere called 'Darts Players' Wives' - or, given the generally low standard of apostrophe usage it's more likely to have been "Dart's Players Wive's".

How does Silverback wear so many rings? I am envious, I cannot cope with one any more and that's a precious one too, well, precious to me. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Right, Silverback's in the final (rings notwithstanding) and Mrs SB has not changed one platinummed inch in the past year or so. Needless to say a young Dutch man is the opposition (what is it with the Dutch and darts?) but good ol' Tony is fighting back, despite being older, fatter and redder of face. My geld is on the thinner of the two. Yet again I find the maths staggering. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Cor! Je suis impressed. :smile: I have no trophies of any sort being generally rubbish at sporty-type things. Christian Kist won at his first attempt, the fearlessness of youth perhaps? Tony O'Shea floundered in the home straight, again - oh the weight of negative experience, how heavy it is. DD