Pocket duties for Bubba please

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 13. Jan 2012, 06:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
The Bubba (my cat) is having is nail cut this evening, he is 15yrs old and very timid. He has to have someone come to the house and do it for him as he has a major fear of cars and it would cause him to have a heart attack if we tried to put him in the car so we can't take him to groomers or vets they have to come to us,it costs £100 for a vet to just come to the house let alone treat him. He is very nervous and asked me to please ask everyone if they would do pocket duties for him please. I'm nervous because he is bloomin clever and I think he picked up on the fact I made a call and I kept looking at him and saying his name and he has clicked something is happening regarding him! And he has been begging for his treats. I get more nervous than Bubba when he gets his nails clipped. I hate the sound.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ah, poor Bubba :sad: I'm sure he will be fine, but I know how nervous we feel when our pets need any treatment from the vet. I was just the same when my cat, Tommy, had to have some teeth extracted recently. I was a nervous wreck until I knew that he had come through the operation OK. I'm sure that cats do have a sixth sense, and they pick up on our anxieties.

Tommy and I will be in your pocket, and I hope that everything will go well for Bubba and you.

Love and a big purr from Tommy

th_DSC03028.jpg

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    What in Gods name are pocket duties??. Where do you live?, if it's clos'ish to me I'll driver over and happily nail clip him for you, well I will if you bung me a £100 i will!.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    poor cat it must be awfull and what a price to charge you they rip of people good luck sending ((())) and cat treats
    do not let mel near it
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Ra says he'll be there for his pal.. Me to hun.
    We do Ra's, not easy but beats the silly prices vets charge.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    oh pocket duties indeed. I do ours, two are ok, but the boy, well, I have to tog up in a thick coat and gardening gloves, as he becomes demon cat. I am worse than the cats if we have to take them to the vets, (who are very good). I always start bawling, even if they have a tummy upset.
    Terrible price, but I know we would all pay every last penny on our beloved pus cats. XX Hugs Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • joanlawson
    Options
    How did it go :?: I hope that Bubba behaved himself well and that his nails are trimmed now.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Bubba asked me to send everyone a message of thanks for the pocket duties! He was very good and didn't struggle when OH held him. Though he did wee over OH and left a big puddle on kitchen floor and OH was soaked!! Think Bubba did that on purpose!! :lol:
    He now has nice short claws! And was spoiled with treats after!
  • joanlawson
    Options
    bubbadog wrote:
    Though he did wee over OH and left a big puddle on kitchen floor and OH was soaked!! Think Bubba did that on purpose!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Cats have their own unique ways of communicating their feelings :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    I am so glad all is well Amanda -

Love

Toni xx

PS. Daisycat due her jabs and her Dad, Badger an op to remove ALL of his teeth..... :???:

they cost you a fortune don't they?
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I use to work on a farm and the farmers cat use to go out and kill the rats that were around, now and then the bites would get infected so he'd pick him up to fuss him then quickly dump him head first in a welly boot then jab it in the a**s with a shot of penicilin (we had it for the sheep), once that was done he'd throw the boot and the cat out into the garden and shut the door fast!.
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Bubba is a killer, he always brings us 'gifts' like little mice and birds but the best ones are, he decapitated a pigeon in the kitchen so it was spread all over then floor head one corner wing another corner you get my drift! And my O.H would'n't allow me to look because it was so aweful!! And the other thing was one day he brought a bat in for us!! We where shocked how he managed to get it! We started making up stories that he could fly and had a cape like superman! :lol: Or maybe he had a big net and caught it that way. It is laugh a minute with Bubba!
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    My Camilla (she's nearly 17 and a cat) has to have her claws clipped on a fairly regular basis. She's arthritic, old and spends her time sleeping and eating with the occasional trip outside for a wee.
    However, we do her claws ourselves with - wait for it - clippers that should be used on a dog! Well, she is a big cat (bigger than a lot of Jack Russells).
    I hold her in my arms (feet up and out) and my partner wields the clippers. Sometimes we have to do the front feet one night and then grab her a couple of days later and do the back ones.
    If she has to see the vet, we always get them to clip her claws at the same time as they do them a lot shorter than we want to risk.
    Could you not try clipping the claws yourself - saves a fortune...
    Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Beauty is a nervous cat and hates being held for long and we are not sure how long you clip so would rather pay £10 and have the groomer come and do it. Also Beauty seems to have a thing about scratching my OH's chest! He has got loads of scares on his chest from Bubba fighting to get out of his arms.