Hello again

mummymacleod
mummymacleod Member Posts: 4
edited 10. Jan 2012, 10:28 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there,

I posted back in November I think, well since then I have been diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis. By the time I was able to get the drug counselling and things it was almost christmas so they said that I could enjoy the festive season and then start in the new year so I am just starting medication tomorrow. Starting on Methotrexate at 7.5mg increasing over time to 20mg. I am quite nervous about the side effects as I have two small children to look after as well. Not looking forward to all the blood tests but hey ho it's for my own good!

Anyway wish me luck!

x

Comments

• prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi mummymacleod
    As we always say,sorry you had to find us.
    We are a friendly and supportive crowd here and speak from personal experiences.
    The possible side effects of methotrexate seem rather frightening,but you may suffer few if any!
    I have been on MTX (12.5mg weekly+folic acid 24 hrs later) for about 10 years with no side effects.Have blood tests every 4-5 weeks as check.Has given very good control.
    Please keep in touch,most post on the LWA forum.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I do wish you lots of Luck MummyMcleod

Lovely to meet you and welcome you to the forums. Please do go and join in you will get lots of support on here. Cross fingers MTX is 'the drug' for you :grin:

Love

Toni xxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Good luck, dont worry bout blood tests they will become easy (fingers crossed)

See you about on living with or chat.

if/when do get diagnosis it could be P.A again :lol: too
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg