Retiring date

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
Well that's it it's come through at long last, I am now officially retiring!, I am so pleased I never ever thought it would happen but it has, 3 and a half years of hell are over for me now, I'm stunned, happy yet aslo sad for not having or being able to do the job I loved, OA was never ever in my plan, it wasn't meant to be like this, anyway I guess that a similar story to many on here.

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I had my date today too, 10th Feb. I don't feel it is anything to celebrate really either. I worked hard to train for years for my job, and then RA steals my career.

I just hope that my money comes through from pensions now in time, one month is not a lot of time in the NHS!

Janie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Janie well done!, God it's such a relief honestly the things I've had to deal with over the last 3 odd years are nobody’s business, but now it’s all going to end thank God.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Yes Mellman retiring is full of mixed emotions.I retire 31st January this year (3 weeks today)!
    My employers would like me to stay on,but don't want to compromise my ankle surgery.May do a couple of days a week during the 'quiet' period.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thankgoodness for that thought it would never come through half expected them to back out of it . i feel so happy you no longer have to struggle i know it will take some getting your head around it but you will be so much better not having to go val
    val