Friends who actually understand

Options
stevanmelia
stevanmelia Member Posts: 31
edited 11. Jan 2012, 09:32 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have now been a member for 4 days and it feels like a birthday every day. Whenever i share a concern there is always someone who listens. From my very isolated background that is just amazing. Just got to remember not to abuse it. Like a child in a sweet shop.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are talking to the initiated here, Stevan, we know what it is like trying to cope with the pain, life, the meds, the highs and the lows (which often seem far more frequent even though they are probably not!) and we are pretty good at helping each other through the tougher parts of the arthritic life. So, if I was a sweet which one would I be? Hmmmmm. I'll be a cola cube: sharp corners, sweet, fizzy, with a hint of sourness. :grin: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Steady on DD!. :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    That's a lovely thing to say, Stevan. I think, at one time or another, we all find support here from people who really do understand. Arthritis is isolating in many ways. It can physically prevent you mixing with other people but, even in a crowd, you can be isolated by being the one who has to sit gown/can't get up/ needs a steadying hand with doorsteps. It takes some adapting to.

So, DD thinks she's a cola cube. (I knew her when she was moderately sane.) :roll: I guess, after much thought, as befits such an important topic, I'll have to be a Yorkshire Mixture - self explanatory.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Stevan

I think you should aks away and eat as many sweets as you like - then you can share some of your sweeties with us too :grin:

Don't worry a LOT of us go a bit mad at first, but we soon learn when we've felt a bit queasy a few times!!!

Love

Toni xx

( Tody behave!!!!)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ye gods man, I hope so! (That is assuming that a) you're a man and b) the phrase 'friends with benefits' means the same to you as it does me.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i think i would be sweet tabaco (do you remember that) sweet on the out side but hidden depths .
    you are welcome to post as often as you want to we all been there done that and it amazing what others pick up from what is posted val
    val
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Thats really nice Ste
    some Grand people here
    take care
    colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Hi Stevan a very true comment the folk on here are great there's always support to be found. We all have our moments when we are down but post on here and there is always someone to come along and be the pick up we all need at times. so keep posting and enjoy the sweets.
    I think i'd be a pear drop.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    Is there a difference between friends who actually understand and friends with benefits?

If at anytime you are cynical and doubtful of our sincerity,just read some of the postings on the 'my child has arthritis' forum and be humbled!
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    I'd be a chocolate football - looks ok when wrapped but extremely disappointing once the wrapping comes off!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Hey, resusjan, at least you look ok when wrapped. Some of us can't even achieve that :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hello Stevan, and welcome to the forum. :grin:

As you can see, we are a good mixture on here. Most of us are very sweet, with soft centres, so I hope that you will enjoy getting to know us.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Welcome,

It's nice to hear you have found people to understand you..
    Without this forum i wouldn't have found anyone who understands.
    I am lucky to have some great people on here who genuinely care and understand and that helps alot in getting along..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi, am glad you are getting support from the mad bunch who get on here.

I am with Tracy on this, it
    traluvie wrote:

I am lucky to have some great people on here who genuinely care and understand and that helps alot in getting along..

I wouldnt have found her if it wasnt for the forum, she has turned out to be the meaning of the word TRUE FRIEND. there are others and i wont embarras you by mentioning you but its been great meeting people I can talk to who listen and support me.

Theses are for you all t117016.gif
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • stevanmelia
    stevanmelia Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Well, just mention sweets and look what hapens! Now i need to qualify a sweet (the child thing again). I like caramels, firm to start but ever so slowly soften allowing the full flavour to come to the fore. They also last longer and there are more of a variety to be had. Personally i am just a sherbet flying saucer. Once the outer shell goes fiz bang!!!!
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    Hi, am glad you are getting support from the mad bunch who get on here.

I am with Tracy on this, it
    traluvie wrote:

I wouldnt have found her if it wasnt for the forum, she has turned out to be the meaning of the word TRUE FRIEND. there are others and i wont embarras you by mentioning you but its been great meeting people I can talk to who listen and support me.

Theses are for you all t117016.gif

Soppy mare lol..
    Thanks though luvie..we help eachother and were there for eachother, thats what counts..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    The biggest thing is that you don't have to think about your own problems, we all have them, we don't have to prove anything to anyone and we can post as much as we want, there is a definite sense of mischievous fun on here :mrgreen: .

I think I'd be nougat, nutty and chewable, with a long lasting flavour(comes in decent sizes)!
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Hiya
    I have many lonely days filled with pain, but come on here and see whats being posted... its so welcoming here and most are friendly and helpful... and everso lovely, so much so i dont feel quite so alone..

sweets im nuts for cough candy... :lol:
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    I think I'd be nougat, nutty and chewable, with a long lasting flavour(comes in decent sizes)!

Ooooh, who gets to chew you, then, Airwave? :lol:
    Steven Wright