Stood our ground.

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 12. Jan 2012, 10:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi folks hope everyone is feeling Ok and not in toooo much pain. Have not been around for a while...busy and having a crap time with fostering etc...
For the first time in 18 years of fostering we have had to say some negative thing and stand our ground.... we have been complaining shouting etc but no one has listened and bugger me if we do not have the second in command come and see us yesterday. After a two hour meeting she admitted things had not been done, and acknowledged that we had had a **** time, not been supported correctly but it would be sorted... At our review we spoke our minds ....and we feel so much better now. Not sure how this will affect our working relationship with our link worker but after the stuff she has said and not done i really don't care. At least this has all been taken down and is in an official doc...now watch this space.

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done for standing your ground and voicing your complaints, Lupin. After 18 years of fostering, you deserve a medal, and they should listen to what you are telling them. You are the experts, and you must know more about it than they do by now anyway.

They are constantly saying that not enough people are coming forward to be foster parents, but can they wonder if they don't offer the right support to those like you who do such wonderful work? In the end, it's the children in care who lose out because people give up if they feel let down by the social workers.

I shouldn't worry too much about your link worker. If she is no good at the job, she shouldn't be in it.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    good for you Lupes...
    Tis a grand job you do, you deserve the very best support possible. I agree with Joan.. Bugger the useless link officer.. How they are disciplined too...
    :grin:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Well done you Lupin

hope there are only positive repercussions...suggest you continue to keep notes just incase :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Good for you I say.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Lupin very well done for speaking your mind, the very least they should do is give you the proper support.
    You are doing a brilliant job, and if I had an hat I would take it off to you.
    I hope it all goes smoothly from now on xx
    Love
    Barbara