Is today the most depressing day of the year?

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 16. Jan 2012, 12:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    As far as I am concerned it's no worse than any other. :smile: The sun is shining here, the sky is blue and it is cold outside - utter heaven for me! :grin: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Same here, DD, regarding the weather - it is gloriously sunny, clear blue sky here too today, I wrapped up warm and went for a short stroll. Beautiful in the sunshine. The weekend's weather was glorious too. 8)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    What saddos wish to 'revel in our mild unhappiness'? What a concept! Maybe these people need a little more real pain in their lives in order to feel motivated to seize every opportunity for happiness. With that in mind, I'm off to Joan's thread about 3 things that made today good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna
    I adore cold sunny days...much better than the grey ones...we spent 2 hours in the park yesterday...watching our youngest GD on her bike...and feeding the squirrels....shouldnt they be hibernating.. :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    What saddos wish to 'revel in our mild unhappiness'? What a concept! Maybe these people need a little more real pain in their lives in order to feel motivated to seize every opportunity for happiness. With that in mind, I'm off to Joan's thread about 3 things that made today good.

Thank you, SW. I think it does help to think of 3 good things every day, and even on the worst days, it's sometimes surprising that there are positives to be found.

Strangely, I think that I had my ''Blue Monday'' a week early, which is why I posted the two threads, ''How do you cheer yourself up?'' and ''How to rewire your brain''.

Luckily, I don't get depressed very often, but when the black dog decides to bite, it can be really horrible. I sympathise with anyone who suffers from depression as it can be very debilitating.

Today, I'm back to my usual cheerful self, thank goodness, and I've just spent a super morning painting a picture of Venice ( still a work in progress ) After concentrating hard on the architecture and canals of Venice for several hours, I couldn't fail to feel cheerful. :grin:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I dislike January full stop. But struggle on through.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Not for me , I have been quite happy today just pottering around.

Keep looking in the garden and seeing new bulbs appearing which lifts my mood as that says spring is getting closer :grin:

juliepf x