washing machine

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 22. Jan 2012, 07:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
ok mine given up the ghost got to get a new one ?? what do you have is it good how old is it??? is it easy to use?? was it expensive where from??
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, there is nothing worse than a kaput washing machine! My lovely Indesit gave up in Dec 2010 after eleven years, I REFUSE to be without a machine so dragooned Mr DD into a trip to C*m*t. We found a Bosch on offer and so far, so good. Great machine, good results and I am happy with it. I did not want an all-singing-all-dancing thing so I chose the most basic I could find. It was Which? recommended, it cost £250, it was £50 off at the time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh, there is nothing worse than a kaput washing machine! My lovely Indesit gave up in Dec 2010 after eleven years, I REFUSE to be without a machine so dragooned Mr DD into a trip to C*m*t. We found a Bosch on offer and so far, so good. Great machine, good results and I am happy with it. I did not want an all-singing-all-dancing thing so I chose the most basic I could find. It was Which? recommended, it cost £250, it was £50 off at the time. DD

sounds great. ended up at curries got a zinnusi 8 kg and a++ coming thurs am paid bit more so they fit it in and take other one away old one been on way out for months so was expecting it lol
    val
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    For something really daft How about this As you know we live in Spain So being really crazy and more money than sense We bought a washer/dryer Now we know You can dry washing outside here x:oops: x:oops: x:oops:
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Val Zannusi washing machines are supposed to come from the factory that used to make bendicks, John lewis use zanusi and put their label on it and charge more money too.

Oh wot useless information my head stores :lol:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    For something really daft How about this As you know we live in Spain So being really crazy and more money than sense We bought a washer/dryer Now we know You can dry washing outside here x:oops: x:oops: x:oops:

So is it true that the rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain, Tone :?: :lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    tonesp wrote:

well some days you need to chill and let the machine take the strain bless sure it will get used
    val
  • valval
    Options
    CJHunter wrote:
    Val Zannusi washing machines are supposed to come from the factory that used to make bendicks, John lewis use zanusi and put their label on it and charge more money too.

Oh wot useless information my head stores :lol:

interesting did look and thought they were very simalar but as you say more expensive but they give longer cover for free lol good info thanks
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Mine is ho***p**nt aquarius extra
    Very easy to use. had it about 6 years.

I am sorry yours has conked val...if rich hadn't had to mend my stairlift yesterday I would have sent him to mend your washer :lol:

Glad you have found another and that it is coming soon

Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Oooh a new washer Val??

Lovely a015.gif

Mine is a z*****i (aka e***rolux) and pretty good. It's on 2/3 times a day with 3 teenage girls.

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My washing machine gave up the ghost just before Christmas. I got a Bosch Avantixx, cost just over £300 and I am very pleased with it. I did a load of research via Which magazine before purchase.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    Options
    thanks all not long now till new one here with 4 adults in house washer never off boys get through just as many cloths as girls not sure why ??? val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    have pulled cooker out to get all the crap that has fallen down side out . taken up rug that covers floor managed to hurt joint on middle finger felt like joint seperated and now it numb and painfull on tip not a great idea will see what it like after washer gets here tomorrow val
    val
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    whats a washing machine, i think i might have one, ive got a dish washer, cooker, cleaner and a lawn mower but i call it her indoors.
    i keep telling only rich people can have washing machines
    colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • valval
    Options
    Colin1 wrote:
    whats a washing machine, i think i might have one, ive got a dish washer, cooker, cleaner and a lawn mower but i call it her indoors.
    i keep telling only rich people can have washing machines
    colin
    must be rich it here but not played went back to bed as felt awfull after sorting kitchen yesterday lol
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Paying extra for modern white goods only makes you feel better, quality is often only in the buyers mind, something that is perceived when you reach for your payment card.

Most electrical goods are made down to a price and do not offer anything over the next mans goods, why would one firm make a profit and the next make less because they have spent more money making a machine? White goods are made in well designed factories, who would make a factory that doesn't do the job, who would employ staff of a lesser standard and knowingly make less of a product, wouldn't last long, would they! Can you prove beyond doubt that one washing machine is better than another?

Spend what you can afford, there is always something better to buy in a product range.
  • valval
    Options
    true but there are so many out there these days if this one lasts as long as last will be about 10 years before have to go through it all again lol just put it on cotton wash as it says before using to get the mountaine of washing down can you cross your fingers no leaks as got cooker on so will be unable to move it if things not fully connected lol
    val
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Everything I have breaks, sooner or later, I have a faulty gene which causes fatigue in electrical components. Some of the cheapest things I have brought turn out to be the better value. A commodities worth is not determined by the price it is offered for sale at, more by how useful it is to me and how deep my pockets are at the time.
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    Options
    we have a Bosch with a 7kg drum machine its only 6 months old but its on everyday and so far its been great. Prior to this we has a smaller Bosch washing machine and sold that but never had any problems after 3 years of use.

I did some research before buying as A lot of manufacturers seal their drums for life which makes them cheaper but if say your bearings in the drum failed then you would need a whole new drum which would make the machine un economical to fix so our machine has a drum that splits if ever the bearings did fail this way it could be repaired. Sealed drums are also a problem if you get any items like bra bones that slip through the holes then they cans be recovered.

My mother in law has had her hotpoint for 13 years now and the only thing she has had to do is get the motor brushes replaced which is very common and again call someone out to remove bra bones that went through the drum and stopped the drain pump from draining the water out.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Mine's a Bosch. I've had it years with never a problem.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I acquired mine in 1966 when I got married I have had to service it often
    but still works like the day I first got her.
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE