Whats the most reliable car you have had

Options
justinbarrow
justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
edited 25. Jan 2012, 06:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
I know there are lots of people who have different cars but for me Toyota is and has been the best car I have had ever had for reliability and just wanted to ask what everyone else's experiences were when it comes to reliability of cars.

I dont have a new or newer car and have a 12 year old Toyota and for the last 8 years I have had it, it has always passed its MOT and all I have done is service it when it needs to be serviced and have the usual Tyres, Exhaust issues to deal with but if ever I was to buy another car it would be another Toyota.

Just wanted to find out who is happy or un-happy with their car.

Comments

• vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

Mine is a T25 campervan made in 1979 called Purple Ronnie, we have the full works, kitchen, full size bed, plenty of storage, engine is new well 40,000 odd on the clock, oh and sliding side door so my hubby's wheelchair sits in fine too, very reliable wouldn't be without it.

We have travelled around Ireland Wales Scotland on month long breaks which we both have needed in the past, we see Ronnie as our 2nd home so he is very important to our sanity and freedom.

vwkamper :D
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I had a 1996 Ford Fiesta 1.3 LX Auto and the only issue I had was the starter motor one morning. The AA replaced it for me.

I loved that car and had it for 7 years (6 months old when I purchased it) and only sold it when I first qualified for a motorbility car. I tried to give it to my daughters but the cost of insurance and petrol was too much for them.

I really miss that car.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Ours is a Toyota Avensis because our last one was and we'd no problems with it - or with this one.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Delboy
    The Lotus Cortina was a favourite bank robbers getaway car in the 1960's, I bet the coppers were clocking you all the time. I think the Great Train Robbers used one of those as well. Alanthemanc
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    Options
    Nice to hear that peoples cars seem to be reliable for them I also had a 1996 ford fiesta in aubergine colour it was my mothers mobility car at the time and I drove her in it. It was a nice car only had 8 miles on the clock when we got it then after the 3 years were up I decided to buy my own car to have my own insurance and to start to build up my no claims in my own right, but miss that fiesta.

Think its now gone to the scrapyard in the sky :(
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Ford Granada 2 litre hatch We drove it from Liverpool to all over Europe One summer we even drove to Lisbon Bought it with 75000 on the clock sold it on 125000 Saw it 2 years later Taxying in Chester What a car!!! :D:D:D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Another Toyota here...its a picnic people carrier really old ...but by far the most reliable care we have had...always passes its MOT with flying colours..oh no I hope I havent jinxt it... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    A Nissan, we have a Rav 4 and that went Pete Tong in the clutch department and now it's got a intermitant turbo fault/issue. but the wifes Nissan just keeps going and going. next car will be a Nissan Note for sure. That said I still have a soft spot for me Rav 4 as she's gteat off road and is high up so you slide sidways into it.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    My present car is the most reliable, small, cheap to run and totally boring!

The car I would really like? A Lotus Elan S130 2+2, gold fireflake on top and white body, Rostyle wheels, aahhhhh heaven! I doubt I could get out of it now, let alone to get in!
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hey Del great car the Mk2 and the Mk1 sadly i could not afford the Lutus

Best and most reliabe car for the past 30 years mercedes
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Yes i agree things did slide for a while you can see the rust on some of the 90s and early 2000 models. I had a 1966 220se for years my last one was a C200 but a great car.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Justin,

Good to see you and hope your doing ok?

best car... I've had a few some 'posh' types and some work horses.... Most comfortable was a triumph PI and though slow to wind did she go.....

Hey got her after a vitesse and felt like heaven :lol:

My first car was a series 2 swb land rover... i learnt to drive in that as well.... She would go most places but they are not built for comfort till the mark 3's on..... see them now... but they are not as reliable now either......

So the truck is in my line up....

Best one of all ... A Nisan LWB Patrol... had her 10 years ad she only failed one mot but actually she failed badly that year. She would carry 24 bales of hay, she would tow anything and well she was a good car.....

The one I got now is a auto Avensis..... It might end up being in the top favorite cars I have owned... Saw Sticky got one but suspect mine is a lot older but its a nice car... shame about the hay :lol:

I treat cars like over grown wheelbarrows :lol:

tis good to see you and hope you rally are ok. Cris x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    The most reliable car we had (well my husband drives not me!) was a ford puma, we loved it and drove it into the ground because we loved it so much and we haven't seen a better car for relabilty yet. We do miss it.