Enbrel

Options
mummyb
mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
edited 20. Jan 2012, 09:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi guys, just popped in to say hello and to ask if any of you are taking Enbrel. My consultant has recommended this and I'm just waiting for a call from the rheumy nurses to start the treatment.

As you can imagine I have lots of questions in my head and wondered if anyone on here could help with them.

I've read that the injections sting, is this right, if so how long does it last?
Does it help?
What difference does it make?
Is there a down side to it?

so the questions go on, I feel a little anxious about it but excited at the same time and am hopeful it will help.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Love and hugs
Brenda ((((((xxxx )))))

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Brenda,
    I'm on Enbrel with no problems, if you'd like an in depth chat about it please feel free to pm me and i'll attempt to answer all your questions :D Xx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Poppy many thanks for your quick reply, I'll take you up on your offer but have to go to work just now so will pm you later.

Many thanks for your kind offer.

Brenda :D
  • justinbarrow
    justinbarrow Member Posts: 338
    Options
    Embrel is ok once you get used to administering it to yourself, The only thing i notice is that I pick up colds and infections more often but this is common.

You will also have to have regular blood tests done but it seems to help a lot of people.