Flat feet?

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 22. Jan 2012, 08:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,

A while back, I posted asking about flat feet. My rhuemy (she's since told me to 'go away') said my ankle pain must be due to my flat feet. I've never been told this before and I've never thought it before either.

I've been discharged from my most recent rhuemy because the ultrasound scans of my hands and ankles showed no inflammation and as I have a negative RF, I therefore don't have RA or any inflammatory arthritis. She also said it's just my fibro.

Anyway, I'm not convinced. I've done the 'flat feet test', as DD had suggested on my other post. If I'm right, I DON'T have flat feet as I have the typical footprint with a defined space where my arch is. My ankles are stiff and sore with reduced movement.

I now need to wait to see what the podiatrist says. I don't know if anyone has any ideas about this? I think I just needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks,

Magenta x

Comments

• sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You could go to a shoe shop where it makes innersoles for people with flat fleet.

My local one has a machine where it shows you exactly what you feet are like and are doing. You could get a print out?

Will let you know that my OA in my feet and ankles are all down to me having flexible flat feet even tho I have a typical foot print / shape.

Hope this helps? x
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hiya Sailrib,

Thanks for getting in touch. I didn't know you could have flexible flat feet.

The rhuemy didn't seem interested in looking into why I have so much pain and swelling in my ankles and feet. I already have OA in my big toes but it's as if she couldn't be bothered looking into things further and thinks an insole will be the answer, hence the podiatry referral. I want to know if the pain in my feet/ankles are down to OA or poor posture.

Thanks,

Magenta x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I've got flat feet, which the rheummy found when she examined me I was most offended!!! :lol: . She sent me round to the podiatrist and he did some drawings round my feet and made inserts for me. He told me to get used to them slowly by only wearing them for half an hour and gradually increasing it. I soon found that I could wear them all day. It worked! The only thing is that I needed to buy new shows as the back needs to be big enough to take the insert and my feet!

I hope you can get sorted soon. Love Suexxx