Can anyone recommend bath lift?

Options
diamond
diamond Member Posts: 396
edited 23. Jan 2012, 10:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
H i been on internet looking to purchase bath lift.Willing to pay up to £250 there are quite a few models.I miss not being able to have a nice long soak due to my knees.Any help appreciated.xx

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sorry Diamond, no advise but just wanted to wish you well. I really miss having a soak in a tub but I do love my wet room shower with seat.
    Good luck. I'm sure someone will be along at some point.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Diamond

Have you thought about getting and OT referral for this?? the only reason l suggest it is because she/he may be better placed to advise which is best for you /and/your bath. l am sure you could still buy your own.

A Bit back someone put a link on for this....disabled people selling on tehir unused aids to daily living...might be worth a peek??? http://www.disabledgear.com/

Love and good luck - l love a warm bath too :wink:

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I've had a bath lift for about 30 years. Social Services got it for me and, when it finally conked last year, got me another.

The new one is a Neptune. It's the one my local Social Services always use but it's not the latest model. I see the new model costs upwards of £400 to buy.

The only problem I had with mine was right at the start when they gave me a charger that didn't hold its charge. Once they replaced it all has been well. I understand the newer models have a fail safe device so that you can't end up, as I did, in the bath but unable to get out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    OT got me a bath cushion it inflates up to the top of the bath u sit yourself on it and gently turn yourself around feet in bath and it goes down which u control with handheld controls its great, didnt pay anything for it, also ebay may have something x
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Diamond

The bath lift I bought many years ago was called aquatec. (don't know if that company are still around)
    I had no problems with it and it was reliable. And it reclined.
    The reason I stopped using it after a few years was the fact my family had to keep removing it from the bath so that they could bathe.

I also found that you had to use gallons of water to actually cover you up.

It has been redundant in the loft for a few years.

I am lucky as my oh can assist me to sit me in the bath if I want one, but now after an operation I tend to have a shower on a bath board we bought.

I think if I were to buy another I would look at one like liesas.
    Or atleast one that deflates fully to allow you to get properly under the water.

Hope you find one that suits

Love Juliepf x
  • diamond
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, checked out that link you gave toni but there was only one and it had to be uplifted not possible too far away.Iwas given shower board from ot but with cutbacks dont see them providing bath lift.Iam willing to buy one and there is a few models in my price range just trying to decide which would be best.Just thought someone could recommend a particular name with a good reclining position.Will check out Neptune and bath cushion.The one i am thinking of is Minivator bliss 311.Thanks and Kind Regards to you all.xxx
  • liesa
    Options
    http://www.mangar.co.uk/ for the bath cushion but i would speak to social services xx
    love and hugs
  • diamond
    Options
    Thanks Liesa,I ordered a Bellavita bath lift last night.Wanted something sooner than later.Got a good price as they had a sale on,prices are unbelievable how can some places justify hundreds of pounds of a difference for the same item.It certainly pays to shop about although it nearly drove me round the bend.xxx
  • liesa
    Options
    they are truely mad prices... i was lucky enough to get one from social services brand new indefinate loan,

hope you enjoy your baths from now on xx
    love and hugs