Contact Social Care Direct

Options
lululu
lululu Member Posts: 486
edited 22. Jan 2012, 08:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
I often hear of people who need help with care or aids and don't know how to ask for help. It does not seem to be common knowledge that anyone can self refer to OT and I think the best route is to go through Social Care Direct Tel. No. 0345 60 80 191. Anyone can phone them, I have rang them several times for different people always with good results. One common misconception is 'they will put me in a home' please don't worry they only want to help and will not do anything without you say so.

Sorry I meant to put this in the simple ideas thread, I don't know how to move it perhaps the help team will do it for me please helpteam

Hi lululu, post copied and placed in simple ideas thread
YEH

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thankyou for the info Lulu, it will come in handy in the near future
    Love
    Barbara
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, I was under the impression my doc had to refer me so thank you.xx
    :)
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Lululu

Is that the number to call for the East Sussex area? Will they be able to give you the number you need to call depending on which area you live in?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,480
    Options
    Thanks Lulu and l dont see why this can't stay here at least for a while so we all definitely see it.

Elna that code looks like one of those national ones to me???

So we can all use it :D .

Love

Toni xx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    i just emailed social services access, they were great a chap called me within an hour of me sendng it, next day i had an ocupational therapist come to me the next day and within the the same week she had brought me a bath cushion a shower board and ordered me another handrail to be put on my staircase which is so handy, 3-4 years later they still come to me, theye arranged for a downstairs loo to be put in for me everything has been planned and agreed but put on hold now as im due to have a gastric bypass within the coming months which could help me big time so they dont want to cause so much upheavel if it wont be as needy as it is now having trouble getting to the loo quickly
    theyre really good
    think you can always find them under the local council for private and council tennents
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Their are lots of schemes now that you can self refer to but, its knowing who to contact in the first instance, telephone no., e-mail address ect.
    Doctors surgeries seem to be an obvious place to have informatio, but I hav'nt seen much in ours but I have to admit I don't look as closely at the notice boards as I should.
    Also the Red Cross have lots of aids that they will lend out for people to try or if you've got a temporery condition and have to wait for the NHS to sort you out.
    Lots of love Suexxx