SACROIILITIS

Options
sally14
sally14 Member Posts: 9
edited 27. Jan 2012, 16:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello everyone. I have recently been diagnosed with sacroiilitis in my lower spine area, but other than some websites, which you need a PHD to understand, I am not too sure what this is going to entail. I already have OA in my joints, I've had 3 THR on my right side and am due, later this year, to have one on my left hip and after that the knees, then this started and i was just wondering if any of you guys have it or know of it. any help would be great, or even just a clue as to what i might be able to take to help it as my dr was going to prescribe co-codamol but she was reluctant due to the adicted side affect it can have, which i was grateful for, trouble is anadin, paracetomol nor my dicofenac have any easing affects and i constantly get "stuck" on my sofa !! many thanks anyone who might enlighten me !! Sally. :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you though I am sorry you have had to find us. I know that there can be an issue with co-cos and addiction but it isn't necessarily the case - it's all well and good for your GP to be concerned, and I daresay she thinks she is showing responsibility towards her patient, but I suspect she is NOT living with the pain and discomfort that is affecting you, and if she was I bet she would soon change her mind. I have PsA that affects my toes, ankles, knees and sacro-iliac joints, and OA in my knees and ankles, I have a range of pain dullers available for my use but I stick to the co-cos as they remove enough of an edge for me to cope without dulling me too much! :) I reckon that Paracetamol, Anadin and the like are as much use as trying to ice skate with rubber skates - I much prefer a blade that at least tries to cut into the pain and for me that is 30/500 co-cos. We are, however, all different in what works and what doesn't. Have you ever had access to a stronger kind of pain relief? I do empathise, it's a miserable pain (as is the rest of it). I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi Sally, well sorry to have to meet u under these circumstances but Hi anyhow.

I would suggest to you to ask for a referal to the pain clinic.
    I have been on the coco's but they are only the tip of the icburg as far as pain killers go, i have some very good ones that really help but everyone is different.
    You need to ask for help managing the pain better. There are so many pain killers, one will make things easier for you. I am on a combination but they are working well at the mo.

Good luck, take care.
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hello Sally nice to meet you
    Wow never heared of that so not of much help, just thought i would drop in and welcome you. you have had your share of problems i can see . i do hope you are feeling better soon
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Sally

My SIL was diagnosed with the above some 18 months or so ago. She got a different chair at her work place and went to physio and it cleared up. She was moving/dragging large, heavy plant pots when she believes her pain started. She has not been diagnosed with arthritis. Eighteen months on pain has returned now with a vengeance, the starting of the physio exercises given last time did not help. Saw gp and this time she said it was a pulled muscle. Again SIL is attending physio and hopes this will help. The physio said last time and this time too that she had a slight curvature of the back. The pain has been much more intense this time. Fast walking used to relieve it but again, not now. I believe injections can help but she has not been offered this yet. So in fact she does not have a firm diagnosis.... but I know the pain is immense. My SIL finds sleeping OK. I think she has put a board under the chair she sits on at home which suits her better.

I do hope you find something to ease the pain.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • sally14
    sally14 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    thank you so much Elna, CJ, Colin and DD for replying to me, its lovely to know there are ears out there....thank you :)
    I think, after your comments that i am going to make an appointment to see my dr and ask for some form of painkiller, after my last THR i had tramadol, which i found great. i will let you know how it goes.
    this is a great site isn't it. its good to know that everyone on here really understands the ups and downs of all this, but if only it was minus the pain that goes hand in hand with that understanding !
    stay warm peeps. see you all soon.
    Sally.x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sorry, I've no experience with this but just wanted to welcome you aboard..
    Hope that you are not sighting too much today.. Get yourself back to the GP, there are more options open to you than the ones you've mentioned..

Best of luck..
    Keep us up to date eh?
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP