Toenails

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 31. Jan 2012, 16:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Today I cut my toenails Not a big thing to shout about It's now 16 months since my THR.The thing about it was I did it easily Not a bit of discomfort So anyone waiting for or recovering from this operation take heart Things can only get better.Hope this cheers one or two people up :D:D:D

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    nice one tones... It's one job I really can't manage properly. It's awful having to ask someone else to cut them... Because of the arthur in my spine I can't bend forward too well and because of the arthur in the knees I can't bring the feet to me so to speak, lol...
    I think it's a good milestone for someone like yourself who's had the hip done..
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Awwe well done you, you have had a major opperation (one that scares the living daylights out of me) and you have come out of it with a marvelous attitude.

I hope I never need hip replacement but if I ever do then I hope I can keep reading posts like yours which I am sure will help others who are, or may be, going through similar.

So thank you for sharing that and I hope you keep going from strengh to strength.

Petals x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hey tones it is a big thing I can just about reach mine but fingers are so badly out of shape its difficult to use the scisors or clippers. Find a good hot soak of the hnds helps prior to doing it. Its amazing the things we took for granted that we struggle with now.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Tones
    Well done you.........it is amazing the things we take for granted.
    I cant do mine........arthritis in my back stops me bending and arthritis in my hips stops me being able to bring my foot up .......go to the podiatrist once every 2 months but thats not enough.....in between its a matter of trying to get at one or two nails and file them a bit then the next day another one or two nails etc.
    Its such a faff!!!!!! and by filing I just mean keeping them down a bit ...not shaping them :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tones that is brilliant news, like I have said before you are such an inspiration for anyone having a THR, you carry on improving.
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Tone!!!

Fabulous news :D

l am well-proud of you! and of course n-one does them as well as you do yourself eh?!

I agree someone about to have a THR will be very heartened and spurred on by this story :D .

Love

Tonix xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I posted on here yesterday but it has gone! Just to say I still cannot manage my toenails despite a THR so well done.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mimiofdc
    mimiofdc Member Posts: 24
    Options
    A sign of hope! Well done you. I have lost the relationship with my feet, but I am awaiting a date for my THR. Any little bit of hope keeps me looking forward to it and positive :)