Pets or Arthur?

Options
PollySid
PollySid Member Posts: 343
edited 25. Jan 2012, 11:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Not really sure what wakes me first my Cavalier dogs, my cat or Arthur.
Went to bed at 9.30pm. Awake at 1.30am , took tablet.

Went back to sleep. Awake at 3am, heard young Harry scratching on the French door to go out. Let him out.

Went back to sleep. Awake at 3.30am, Harry still wasn't settled and Foggypuss wanted to go out this time.

Just started drifting off and heard cat meowing to come back in, must have gone off because when Harry (again) woke me Foggy was still out.

I can't win, if the Arthur doesn't wake me, the pets do.

It suddenly dawned on me this morning that I was feeding the dogs at 4am and that he was probably trying to get me up for his food.
This morning I had to get up at 4.30am but I am making them wait.
Sidney has spent the last 30 minutes stood in the middle of the lounge looking at me trying to will me to get his breakfast.
I am determined they will have to wait until Alan gets up at 6.15am.
(Hee-hee I've just heard his alarm go, he's set it an hour early, that'll impress him).

In the meantime Foggy has just tried to wake up the whole neighbourhood by fighting with a ginger cat (with all the wonderful noises that entails). Foggy is a Ragdoll and over 6kg so it really looked like bullying. He is such a wussy scaredycat usually so I was shocked to see him go all out to get this other cat off his territory. I tried to go out to break it up, but just made things worse so left them to it. For some reason him and the ginger cat do not like each other. He's pals with the black cat over the road.

Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow night. :roll:

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If you not well and suffering with an illness all this preasure will be doing you no good. My dog died last year, had her for 20 years still miss her every day. Would love to get another dog but not sure i could walk a dog.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Polly,

Though I have chosen not to have pets because of arthur, :roll: I feel that your animals keep you going and also give you a lot of amusement and divert your focus from your pain.

You're just possibly a little soft-hearted where they're concerned and have to let them know you're the boss. :wink:

You obviously love them very much :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    The things we do for our pets, but we wouldn't be without them. :D

I'm just a big softie with my cat, and he can wrap me round his paw any time to get what he wants. However, he isn't allowed out after dark and sleeps in the utility room with the cat-flap firmly locked. ( He has his bed and a litter tray in there ) He is fiercely territorial, so would get into fights every night if I let him go out. He just accepts that he can't go out until morning.

BTW, I'm envious that you have a Ragdoll cat, Polly. Mine is just an ordinary tabby and white moggie who was a stray, but I love him to bits ( seen here reclining on his favourite cushion )

th_DSC03028.jpg

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    The things we do for our pets, but we wouldn't be without them. :D

I'm just a big softie with my cat, and he can wrap me round his paw any time to get what he wants. However, he isn't allowed out after dark and sleeps in the utility room with the cat-flap firmly locked. Joan

Sounds almost identical to Daisycat Joan. she does however have access to the dining room and kitchen as well, but her flap is shut and litter provided.

Definitely pets and arthritis for me!! That soft furr and happy to see me chirrup!! Makes having her so worthwhile :D

But no-one gets me up at 4.30 :shock:

LOve

Toni xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Polly,

I kinda weird and don;t like the word pets..... its to do with rescue work I used to do but I have a few animals.... and so agree with Legs that my lot give me reason to get up in the morning and survive another day :wink:

Right with you with the waking up or being woken.... my tormentors are cats that have to, really do have to sleep on the head.... then the sneaky lab who thinks sleeping on the bed is her place.

I wonder what it was that set Foggy off? Cats are funny that way I guess.... I have-had some fights here with this lot.... for them its working out hierarchy and i used to have 2 ferals who hated each other.... one went to live on a pig farm in the end cus they had to be split up..... they were neutered late cus it was a big established colony they were in dating back 20 years :shock:

So many cats and the company went bankrupt....... :lol: not cus of the cats :wink:

Am off to fight for pillow and bed space and hope I can get a bit if sleep, also hope you get a good night as well. Cris x
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    we are having the 2 danes seperated at the moment, Maci is in season, i'm up and down cleaning the floor (when i get up) and following Maci around the downstairs rooms, its good exercise for me... even my joints dont seem to mind me up and downing a lot more at present, Maci is whining when she hears me on the landing, so spend a penny as quick as i can before she wakes the whole house.... shes just so happy to see me, diesel the male is happy and loves sleeping in the sitting room at nights at the mo, hes been nuetured no thoughts on maci getting preggers but really dont want diesel on her rear end cos shes got dodgy hips

i find they are more then pets much of the time, sometimes i dont see a soul all day and they have been my only company, well along for the cat mollie who wont come downstairs she hates the dogs... i cant even take a pee in quiet as she has to come find me.... also must'nt forget the noisy Billy my budgie... hes so noisy and likes me to play hide n seek with him...lol
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I love my cat, I got her last year for company and she is adorable. She does wake me to feed her by jumping on the bed and lovingly cuddling me out of bed.

It is a struggle when she plays up, wanting in and out, getting up and down but her company and personality make it all worthwhile. She loves to be played with and keeps us endlessly amused.

I would be lost without her.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I love Bubba, he is the most independant cat I've ever had he has 2 cat flaps one into the utility room where he eats and one into the garden. We do get the occasional visitor from other cats and as soon as they see me and I tell them to bugger off they ran off back through the flaps! except for Bubba's mate frankie who sometimes comes and sits next to Bubba and occasionally used to sleep on our bed (before Bubba started weeing) which was a tight squeeze 2 people and 2 cats. And they do this visa versa at frankies house!
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Amanda, that is so cute. My cat has a friend called Scamp, who comes to 'call' for her, then they go out to play. Izzy does the hospitable thing and invites her in, we have no cat flap and Scamp eats ALL of Izzys food then leaves :lol::lol::lol:

Its nice to see them play together, but we keep Izzy's food out of reach :D
  • flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I'd rather have a pet as arther gets me down. We had 2 dogs but had to give them up when we moved into this house as the landlord at the time said no pets. I now have a new landlord so I might ask him if I can get one. The girl in the flat next door has a cat that I sometimes look after if she is away for the weekend.
    Flossy
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I'd be lost without my fat puddy tat Ra... He keeps me company while OH is at work. He has got into the habit of waking us up at half four thinking it's his breakfast time... We will get him out of that.. Lol
    He has taken to sleeping on the chair in the bedroom but at least twice through the night he'll jump up for a cry and a cuddle.. It sometimes takes me a while to settle him down, all the time trying to not let him wake the missus..
    He's sixteen this year and has been a house cat since we got him so at least we don't have the up and down to let him out.
    He's mi best pal.. Lol
    He snores sooooooo loud though, that's enough to wake me sometimes.. Not that I sleep great due to the Arthur.. At least I get cuddles with Ra, lol.. He's mi furry purry pillow
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • flossy47
    flossy47 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I'd love a furry purry pillow.
    :D
    Flossy
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Flossy,

you can have one of my head sleepers for a bit if you would like :lol: The best bit i when they have a bit of a disagreement over space.... across my face.... I sometime do wake to find i have scratches on the face and neck :lol: Cris x

Hey Tony I would be lost without Ra too now :D he has helped while I have been feeling so down so a big cuddle for him for his portraits and antics :D xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Thanks Cris.. He is a leg-end lol

Hey Flossy, you have to say furry purry pillow with a proper Yorkshire accent otherwise it's not the same, ask DD.. Lol
    He just got fed up of being mi pillow and bit me :shock: grumpy old bugger he is, lol..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP