panic attacks

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 25. Jan 2012, 07:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All, I am beginning to think i am having panic attacks,whether its medication related or not im not sure,still waiting for blood test envelope to arrive from consultant.I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach,twitchy legs and the sweats,has anybody else felt like this on medication or is it just me.Mig

Comments

• kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Mig
    I can't be much help I'm afraid. Do you think you are worried about the blood tests.This could be making you edgy.
    Again I'm sorry for not being any help.....some-one will know if it could be the meds. Take care May
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Mig,

Someone close to me had full-blown panic attacks and they are horrible.

I used to experience similar before I had my knee revision done. If I was weightbearing for 15 mins and there wasn't a seat in sight my breathing would become faster, I would start sweating and then my fingers and face would start tingling :shock: :shock:

If it is your meds you need to talk to your Rheumy or doc to see if they can sort them out.

Hope they pass.

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh Mig I am sorry you got this one.... I get panic attacks here and there and have meds at the mo that are giving me huge anxiety.... I kinda hope they will ease off as I get better used to them but I also very stressed just now and that doesn't help much does it?

I try to remember that its the drugs that are dong it and somehow stay cool.... I try and get a piece of my mind to remember that and force my self to breath deeply and slowly and calm down.

Its not nice flower and might well be worth running it past your gp. Hang in there and leaving you a ((( ))) Cris x

Mig I do have total panic attack, chest pain the lot over rats.... that one isn't drug related and is kinda different so that might be how I can get a bit of my mind to remember its the drugs if that makes sense? x
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    Hi Mig,

i'm not sure what you would call it, but, I had to visit the Doc's recently because when I stand up i go very dizzy and have to hold on to something. Doc checked my blood pressure and found that my blood pressure falls when I stand up and this makes me dizzy.

Aswell as this awful feeling I also have overwelming feeling of not being safe. I don't feel protected or 'looked after' as I am the one who does all the looking after for everybody else. I recently spent a week in bed with a RA flaire and a kidney infection, when a work mate asked my daughter how I was doing, she replied 'why, whats wrong with her ?'

In the past 6 years I have lost my Husband, then my Father and 6 months ago I lost my Mum. During all of this I developed my RA which although i am not as bad as some, it is no picnic.

My Doc has indicated that I need to slow down and take things easy (impossible, I work and have 3 kids) she also sugested that I drink more water to help combat the low blood pressure thing. Sometimes I do feel like they are panic attacks but realisticly I think they are megga stress attacks.

Sorry for going on, just feeling a bit low today.

Petals x
  • skezier
    Options
    Sorry Mig this is a quick hi-jack xx

Oh Petals ..... I have a similar problem with the bp falling at times and drinking more can honestly help a but so its worth trying.

Really all I wanted to do is send you a ((((( ))))) and so many hopes this will pass and you can have a bit of calmness. Hang in there. Cris x
  • vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi,

I think panic attacks affect different people in different ways,
    ask yourself what are you doing?, or where are you?, what are you thinking about?, when you start to have these feelings you could answer this for yourself maybe!
    If your answers are to do with any of these then it's not your med's and you probably are haveing an attack.

I suffer around strangers, busy places i get the sweats i shake and start to breath very rapid a bit like a rabbit in front of head lights when i get that bad my husband gets me back to the car in the quickest route before i shut down. I don't go anywhere without him not even to my local shop.
    Or i could be just sitting still watching tv and my heart feels the size of a rugby ball in my chest and my head and body pound with my heart beat.

If your worried i suggest you see your gp better safe than worry.

vwkamper.
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thanks for replies,still havent had blood test envelope from rhemmy yet so dont know if its meds,sunday when it hit me again i felt really bad but monday and tuesday have been a little easier,tried the deep breathing it does seem to help a little,i dont semm to want to do anything but just sitting makes it worse,think i have just realised i need to keep busy and not brood on it all the time.Mig
  • petals
    petals Member Posts: 217
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Sorry Mig this is a quick hi-jack xx

Oh Petals ..... I have a similar problem with the bp falling at times and drinking more can honestly help a but so its worth trying.

Really all I wanted to do is send you a ((((( ))))) and so many hopes this will pass and you can have a bit of calmness. Hang in there. Cris x

Thank you Chris for taking the time to post this. Your kind words are very much appreciated, I hope you are feeling a little better too.

Petals x
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Petals,

Always got time flower however bad I feel. Feeling a bit better though cus I got some sleep and hope you do and will soon as well. Another ((((( ))))) and hang in there. Cris xx

Sorry mig a ((((( ))))) for you as well for the hi-jack x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi Mig

l hope you hear very soon whether it is your medication :? I have experienced painic attacks myself as well as witnessed them. l have been able to get mine under control (pretty well), so if it is them it is possible.

Love

Toni xxx