Just back from Consultants

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 25. Jan 2012, 15:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Folks
Just back from consultants at hospital,it was the surgeon's registrar again so I gave him a chance to see what he would say, he read the physio's letter then said so hows the pain etc ,I told him nothing had really changed so he asked me to get on bed and looked at both legs and tried moving bad one. He said it was still a bit early (3 months) to manipulate the leg , also you have a good range of movement (WHERE I THOUGHT)so I asked if the surgeon was available and could I speak to him, he did eventaully come after about 1/2 hour and said the same.I said you cant send me back to physio that doesn't work.
MY RANGE WAS - 25-75 NOW IS 25-70
He has now decided to get me in ,in the next week or so to have the knee manipulated under anaesethic and take a biopsy etc.

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Baby. I know its not nice being messed about but you have achieved something and you have got a responce from the surgeon who is going to deal with ASAP and thats a good thing. Well Done to you
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi Babytiger , I am glad to hear you have managed to get them to do something about your knee, there was a lady in having her knee manipulaed when i was in having my knee replaced , it was i really good result she came out of threatre and they put her on a machine for the afternoon they gave her good pain killers . She said it was really good and not painful . Hope i have helped you feel better about having it done. all the best ...jillyx
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks Jilly
    Just hope mines is the same as the lady's.... Apparantly your in and out the same day but still not looking forward to it but will give it a go
    Eileen x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good luck babytiger , hope you are in quickly and the result is as good as the lady jilly saw.

juliepf x
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Positive thoughts Eileen.
    You will be fine.
    Remember to remind us about pocket duties. May
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the good wishes. Will let you know when I need pocket duties. :lol:
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Result now they are taking you serious. Good Luck for next week let us know how things go.xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Great news that the consultant is going to get you in to do that. It's not going to great after but fingers crossed it will help you. Let us know when you need pocket duties.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Goodness me. :x About time something was done for you. Thank goodness you stood your ground with them both. I hope you have not lost complete confidence in this surgeon. How they stick together :roll: - what a nonsense both of them saying that your range of movement was ok and the registrar saying what he told you too about being too early for manipulation of the knee.

I have heard good reports about manipulation of the knee so wish you all the very best with that and hope you do not have to wait too long. Do get on to them after a week if you have not heard. You have been doing your damnest to get your knee to work along with the physios, post op so now the surgeon can try his damnest for you, that is how I see it anyway. :)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • babytiger
    Options
    Well I had bloods taken yesterday afternoon, so its just a case of waiting for postie now... I'm good at waiting indoors now (not got much choice) :lol:
    Hopefully he gets me in as quick as he did with the actual op.
    Just want to be able to walk,even if it just around Asda.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Well done you Babytiger. Result!!

Fingers crossed it can be done very very soon.

Love

Toni xx
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    well done, wish i had given it a try, nearly 5 years later nothings changed much... apart from i'm on much more medication now to keep the pain away.... which isnt always what happens...

i so hope you get what you want from having a knee manipulated i never knew anyone thats had it done, keep us posted please xxxxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • babytiger
    Options
    Liesa
    I will keep you informed of whether it is a success etc
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Good for you standing up for yourself (forgive the pun) with them. Really hope that they get you sorted and soon. I know nothing of the procedure but am hoping for good results for you mi dear..

Take care..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Hi babytiger,

That's good news they are going to sort it and they haven't just sent you on your way with It takes time line!!

Good luck,
    Anita.