Positive thoughts for TJT, please.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 25. Jan 2012, 02:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Our mate Tony has made an appointment for 4pm to see his GP with a view to having his knees steroided. Luckily a neighbour is able to take him so that he won't stress the knees with driving home - and he's promised to rest properly after.

Good luck Tony, I hope all goes well and that you feel the benefit for a good length of time. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ill be here with DD waiting to hear how you got on mate
    Take care see you later
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Options
    Good luck Tony hope all goes well for you

Love n hugs

SheilaD xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Tony

I hope you get the knees steroided and I am pleased that you have some one to drive you.

Now...you make sure you keep the promise and rest for a good 24/48 hours after your injection.

I really hope this helps and you get some relief for a while

Love Juliepf x
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Positive thoughts winging there way to you Tony.
    Please rest as advised. May
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    thank you all.. I'm sat in the car waiting for my lovely Janet to finish work.. Then home, probably just in time for the doctors.
    I hope he does them, I want them doing for our annual remembrance trip to enniscorthy in Ireland.. It's where the father inlaws ashes are spread.. We both miss him very much.. And the place is on a steep hill, the taxi can get us most of the way but the rest is hobbling upwards..
    I need to do this.. The steroids might make it a bit easier..

Thanks folks.
    Hugs n kisses for DD.. Manly ones of course.
    {{xx}} bless you mi dear.

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thanks DD
    Tony I will be in pocket duties, and I really do hope the injection work well Then you can get up that hill...and give my love to Janet xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Can only real iterate the text my friend. Will be in your pocket and hope he will do them.

You missed the window of opportunity somehow... Ra emailed this lot an Haz is in his coat, the sheep in their nurse costumes and the cats... well they just are in blue and have masks.....

I should run if I were you on reflection :lol:

Hang in there and really hope it goes well. ((((( ))))) for you and Janet an a cuddle for the Dope. Cris xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Hi Tony
    i hope your doctors appointment goes well and the injection gives you relief from the pain
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Best Wishes are being sent to you Tony,hope it helps you.xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    with you all the way tony.Mig
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hi Tony, all the best, hope goes ok.

take it easy buddy.xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Options
    Terry good luck and all the best xx
    Eileen
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Who's Terry? Lol

Thanks hun..

I'm home now, gonna rest a couple of days, give them their best shot to work.
    I did also ask him if he would do the wrists too but he only does the bigger joints :cry:
    Never mind though... If these do any good they will take some strain off the wrists etc when using the crutches or sticks..

I WILL make it up that hill.. Lol
    Thank you all for the support, it's lovely to know that you all care. :D

quote="babytiger"]Terry good luck and all the best xx
    Eileen[/quote]
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Kate Bush springs to mind - cue drums: 'I'll be running up that hill, I'll be doing-some-other-stuff-too-but-I-can't-remember-the-words-for-it'. I am glad to hear that it all went OK mate, it's not my favourite activity, not by a long chalk. DD

PS The hugs were luuuuurvely! :D
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    now I've got that song stuck in mi had, lol.. I don't mind cos I do like Kate Bush. Lol
    You welcome for the hugs.. :wink:

Here's a some more just for you...

{{{xxx}}}
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    now I've got that song stuck in mi had, lol.. I don't mind cos I do like Kate Bush. Lol
    You welcome for the hugs.. :wink:

Here's a some more just for you...

{{{xxx}}}
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    sorry just got in from work so glad they did them make sure you keep them up for 24 hours mine worked great took couple of weeks to kick in fully but was great i think a wheel chair would be good for hill if you do not behave jannet can shove you down the hill after good luck val
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Lol.
    You lot need to stop giving Janet ideas.. Another friend mentioned Janet tying me down :shock: :lol:
    I'll be a good boy Aunty Val, I promise :? lol

I am determined to make it up that hill no matter what.. I don't care how much it hurts. He meant a great deal to me..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Well done mate lets hope it kicks in quickly
    Take Care Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I'm always the last person to see the threads about you, Tony, so sorry I'm late as usual. I hope that the injections will be a success. I KNOW you will climb that hill no matter what :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tony,

still think there should have been pictures :lol: Specially of your face as the needle went in :lol::lol:

Yep that was her best album.... she kinda went quite just after red shoes but have to say I wasn't' so keen on red shoes.... For me Hounds of Love was the last one of hers i loved... had all the others and have them but nothing except the the ones on the whole story after H of L

As I wrote that Arm Dreamers got in my head... you want to swap :lol:

Make sure you rest and give them the best chance of working. ((((( ))))) for you and Janet and a hope you get a bit of decent weather (will be in your pockets) as well as leaving a cuddle for my mat the Dope. Cris xx

sorry Tony had to edit cus my eyes v/s the keyboard results are me 0 keyboard 5 :oops:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Colin1 wrote:
    Well done mate lets hope it kicks in quickly
    Take Care Colin
    Cheers Colin.. They're not so bad this morning.. The local wore off in the early hours a bit, lol..
    Gonna keep em resting as much as poss. Last lot I had was in feb last yr, had spine done at same time.. Did nowt for me but worth a try.
    I'm off back to pain clinic next month.. I'm gonna ask him to do my spine and knees again just before our coach holiday to Spain early June.. Need all the help I can get with coping with the coach trip etc, lol.. Can't fly anywhere due to the missus having heart problems.

Thanks again, I'll keep the thread up to date.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    I'm always the last person to see the threads about you, Tony, so sorry I'm late as usual. I hope that the injections will be a success. I KNOW you will climb that hill no matter what :!:
    Bless ya Joan.. I know how much you care... You really must pop into LWA more often, lol :wink::lol:
    Knees not so bad at the minute, much lesa pain than the first time I had them done. Had some pain through the night but expected it.. Will see how it goes.
    Thanks hun..
    Xx
    PS, I owe you an email.. I'm sooooooo useless, lol :? :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Tony,

still think there should have been pictures :lol: Specially of your face as the needle went in :lol::lol:

Yep that was her best album.... she kinda went quite just after red shoes but have to say I wasn't' so keen on red shoes.... For me Hounds of Love was the last one of hers i loved... had all the others and have them but nothing except the the ones on the whole story after H of L

As I wrote that Arm Dreamers got in my head... you want to swap :lol:

Make sure you rest and give them the best chance of working. ((((( ))))) for you and Janet and a hope you get a bit of decent weather (will be in your pockets) as well as leaving a cuddle for my mat the Dope. Cris xx
    sorry Tony had to edit cus my eyes v/s the keyboard results are me 0 keyboard 5 :oops:

Hi Cris, hey Army Dreamers is my fave.. Love the video, she is stunning in that one.. Lol
    I'm hoping the weather in Ireland will be ok too, not sure what to expect as we've not been this early before.. It's usually quite parky in April :shock:
    Thermals will definitely be on.. Lol
    Anyway hun. Think I'll catch up on some sleep, missed a fair bit last night.

Back later
    Thanks again for your support. Ra is happily snoring away on his chair.. Janet left for work a while ago bless her.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP