Help!!

Options
lovehearts
lovehearts Member Posts: 20
edited 25. Jan 2012, 11:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone
I haven't been on here for a long time,so it's good to be back,would like some advise please.
I've had RA for 13yrs now and have been on methotrexate for the majority of that time. It was getting to the point where the nausea became unbearable so my consultant suggested self injecting methotrexate which I did but this made the nausea worse. I got so fed up that I stopped taking methotrexate,this was about last October. I have not been on any drugs apart from diclofenac since. I saw my nurse and consultant who advised me to try gold injections as at the time I did not qualify for ant tnf. I went back last Friday to see my rheumy nurse and my DSA score was 6.1, so I now qualify for anti tnf. I am in absolute agony, I'm trying to hold down a full time job that I love, I am divorced and have no partner so have to do everything myself. I can hardly walk at the moment, the pain is unbearable. I saw my GP who prescribed stronger anti inflams but they haven't helped. I got told that I have to wait another 6 weeks and hopefully will have another high DSA score before I can start my medication. I cannot put up with this for another few days let alone 6 weeks.I just don't know what to do, any advise please.

Thank you

Kim xx

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kim.. Can't really help with advise as such, just wanted to wish you well and I hope that they get you sorted sooner rather than later mi dear...
    Very best of wishes..
    It's dreadful suffering eh? Be strong.. I'm sure someone with more experience with those meds will be along soon..
    Never give up hope... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kim,

Long time no see and really nice to see you again :D

Oh Kim thats such a horrible thing for you. Pain is an evil companion! Trying to juggle a job and life is hard enough without the pain.

I really hope the anti's will help you and also that they will start you fairly fast after they next see you.

In the mean time I wonder can you gp or rumo give you some pain control as well as the anti-inflammatories? I take 3 types of pain killer as well as the anti flams and well I think ask your gp for some actual pain control maybe a good move?

Kim is there any way you can ease back in what your doing wither at home or at work and let your body have a bit of a rest, it sounds like you could do with a week off and just rest up totally but thats not always possible.

I really hope your gp or rumo will be happy to give you some decent pain control cus its what you need. Hang in there flower and tis nice to see you. leaving a cyber ((( ))) and a hope. Cris x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi Kim
    If you phone the rheumy nurse and tell her your in so much pain and desperate for help you should be able to get a depot medrone injection. that should take away your pain untill you get the meds.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Yes lass or oral steroids something like that....having said that your DAS needs to be bad so maybe they will only be able to offer more pain releif??? Take advie please :(

But anything will help a bit won't it.

Hang on in there....my heart is going out to you.

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello

I am so sorry you are struggling so much and I agree with what has already been said about phoning the rheumatology department to ask for help. That is a high DAS score and the GP probably isn't best placed to help you with this - you need some advice, and hopefully something to tide you over until you can get going on the anti-tnfs.

Thinking of you.

Love Tillyxxx