Been summoned by work

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 30. Jan 2012, 10:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just had a phone call before from the big boss man, She has summoned me in for a chat ,monday to discuss my absence etc. She isn't the easiest person to speak to or very compassionate. What fun I'm gonna have :lol:

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Try to take someone in with you hun. Union rep?
    Or if you don't want to make it that official, write down any questions or points you want to put across..
    Best of luck. Let us know what happens..
    Just remember, the absences are NOT your fault.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sulkycat
    sulkycat Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Been there, it's not nice whenyou are feeling ill. But it's something they have to do.

I don't know what your job is, but they might have their own HR bods there so do take someone with you, ideally a Union Rep.
    Also make sure you have all the paperwork with you, dates etc.

Good luck!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    can you record it and yes take some one with you if you can arther has a way of messing with your mind so you do not remember things as well as you used to good luck val
    val
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Yes as everyone says take someone with you, write down questions and ask for a Oc health assesment. Could the boss come to your home if u r too unwell to go in??
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.so I should take all my appointment letters and physio letters with me ?
    I am getting a lift ny my hubby so will take him in with me (if she lets me)
    I work in a busy shop usually on tills or shop floor, so there is no way I could go back to work just now.
    I took the dog downstairs for 10 min this morning,back up and sat in kitchen to prepare dinner and my poor wee knee was in agony
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,418
    Options
    I think you will be ready Babytiger

chances are they just have to do this when someone has been off work for a certain amount of time

now l am available for pocketduties if needed....

a065.gif can even put me teef in incase you need me to sort her

love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    good luck for monday baby tiger

I am sure you will be fine and that it is just routine.

will be in your pocket, try not to worry

juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Wanted to wish you good luck for Monday babytiger, hope everything goes well, let us know how you get on. Big ((HUGS))
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Hope it all goes ok for you, I have been there too and it is not nice but just keep calm and don't worry its a process they have to follow x
    Tracey
  • babytiger
    Options
    Hi I'm back......
    Didn't go as bad a s I thought, lots of questions ,what's been happening since Nov 3rd (op day) Good job I took all my paperwork with dates etc and physio letters. She asked ,"So when will you be coming back,will it be a couple of weeks after the manipulation". We just cant keep signing you off every 4-6 weeks ,we really need a Back to work date. I DONT KNOW ..I would love to go back to work .
    Next step now is I have to see their Occ Health who are based in Northampton but she thinks they will have a closer place to Scunthorpe. She read out all the bunff about it and asked my permission for Dr.records and Consulotant records which I don't mind,nothing to hide. Then she said (which made me laugh) If your disabled,which your not ....... sorry Im on 2 sticks and can hardly walk.... they may come to your house . Typical boss she was 3/4 hour and didnt even offer me a coffee (which is the next room)
    Never mind that's that bit out the way ,Just waiting for their letter now
  • BikerAngel
    BikerAngel Member Posts: 122
    Options
    thats good it went well just don't rush yourself to get back just go if you feel up to it and doc thinks you are fit and also if you can get light duties try them for that if you feel you need to under the Disability Discrimination Act they have to be seen to be helping you where poss. Good luck x
    Tracey
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi babytiger
    Glad you've got that out of the way,but as you say it's now the waiting game for their response.Please keep us updated.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)